Question: how can I upload a map which I made locally?

Ratings
I build maps using my local set of tools like SpriteCraft, CraftScripts, mcedit and some more.

But when I asked *the person resonsible for submitting maps* about uploading my schematic to my plot, I've been told that "schematics are stupid" and one won't upload anything into my plot.

So my question is: am I forced to constraints of not really advanced abilities of map makers world commands, or can I proceed building maps locally with a reasonable hope that my buildings will be uploaded when I ask?

Also, besides the fact that building with my local tools is much easier, it's also handy to test your own parkour maps locally, since I manually program checkpoints with command blocks and simulate real player experience... so that's another reason why I really want to do the job on my own.

Ratings
Regarding rejected schematic, i won't insist on uploading it, because i messed up with size and made it 200 blocks width, so it won't fit into plot.

But I'm confused about if I'll make an acceptable map and turn it into schematic or zip the world, will it be uploaded on my plot?

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
I don't know if you can import it into the server, but I just wanna say that you can merge plots to make one big plot, and that can make the build fit into one single plot.

Ratings
Wow, thank you... i didn't know about merging plots... then I can do parkour with what I have now! But... how can I import my model....

Ratings
See... it's not really easy (I mean impossible) to re-build it block-by-block ...

2020-05-09_13.35.37.png

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Well like I told you on Discord, I can't upload maps on Parkour/creative, the build is also too wide for a parkour map (we would like something smaller than 120 blocks wide), you can still download a map you made on the server, you can't just not upload it (I've already reported this issue)

Ratings
Would it be against the rules if I develop a mod for forge/fabric (fabric probably), which would read my schematic file and send to server commands like this:

//pos1 x,y,z
//pos2 x,y,z
//set <block>

and so on, for each of the block of my schematic?

(It's a scratch example, and probably I'll find a way to do this with less amounts of commands to prevent server overload, but you got the idea)

That's a simple yet powerful solution, so I consider it as a good workaround. Probably I could share this mod to other parkour makers, if you'd like so. Or at least, use it for myself...

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Mods (excepted a few) are not allowed, so that not a good idea.

Ratings
Who can I speak with to ask for an exception? I'm sure that it's not so bad, because tell me if I'm wrong, but I see no bad or malware use of what I want to do. I don't use mods for doing parkour, I'm going to use it for creating, so what's wrong with that? Does this harm users or administration by any mean?

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Well I guess asking an admin would be a good idea, after like I told you before, your map is too big for a map, so even if you manage to get it on the server, you will need to make it smaller.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Who can I speak with to ask for an exception? I'm sure that it's not so bad, because tell me if I'm wrong, but I see no bad or malware use of what I want to do. I don't use mods for doing parkour, I'm going to use it for creating, so what's wrong with that? Does this harm users or administration by any mean?
Talk to an Admin