Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey everyone~
I hope you had a great three day weekend (if you're from the U.S. like me) and if not, I hope you had a great normal weekend. I had a little cookout with my family, and we made burgers! It was preeetty good, not gonna lie ;)

So my question for this week is a little more deep, but I DON'T CARE! I think it'll be an interesting one nonetheless :)

What is something that someone told you that has always stayed with you? Share your quote down below!

My quote is from my old bassoon teacher. I was 15 at the time, but she said something very important to me about career choices that I have always held close to me. If you don't know me very well, I play the bassoon (google it) and have still continued to at university on a partial scholarship! Anyway, she told me this:

"Quin, don't study music when you go to college. It's honestly the biggest mistake I ever made. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but when you pursue one of your passions as your only means of living and making money, it sucks all the fun out of it."

As much as I love being a musician and making music, she was right about the fact that I wouldn't have been happy turning music into my whole world. It's very difficult being a musician for a living!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Hey um, that's nice and all, but I really would encourage a more thoughtful response on this thread...I like doing question of the week because it promotes fun and interesting discussion among our forum community :) So I'd love some more engaged participation Cookie Kat :D

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Hey um, that's nice and all, but I really would encourage a more thoughtful response on this thread...I like doing question of the week because it promotes fun and interesting discussion among our forum community :) So I'd love some more engaged participation Cookie Kat :D
I agree.

Numsy

Dedicated Member
duaw
duaw
Ratings
That’s super sweet Quin :)
Mine is most likely this one as it has stayed in my heart forever.
(My dad):

Am I a bad father Adam?”

This completely broke my heart and will stay with me forever.

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
that is so true! I love performing, but I feel as though if I tried to make a career out of it I would probably end up hating it o.o

In November last year, something really traumatic happened to me and it put me into a really dark place. It was really hard and I didn't act like myself and I wasn't ever happy. I remember one night I was bringing my dog in (my dog sleeps on my bed at night) and my mum stopped me at the door and she just looked at me and said "I want my Chelsea back."

It didn't really help much at the time since I didn't know how I could possibly go back to my old self, but over time I got better and I realised that my recovery started from that day. I know it doesn't sound like much, but hearing that from my mum was something I just needed.

Pesto <3

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
That’s super sweet Quin :)
Mine is most likely this one as it has stayed in my heart forever.
(My dad):

Am I a bad father Adam?”

This completely broke my heart and will stay with me forever.
that is so true! I love performing, but I feel as though if I tried to make a career out of it I would probably end up hating it o.o

In November last year, something really traumatic happened to me and it put me into a really dark place. It was really hard and I didn't act like myself and I wasn't ever happy. I remember one night I was bringing my dog in (my dog sleeps on my bed at night) and my mum stopped me at the door and she just looked at me and said "I want my Chelsea back."

It didn't really help much at the time since I didn't know how I could possibly go back to my old self, but over time I got better and I realised that my recovery started from that day. I know it doesn't sound like much, but hearing that from my mum was something I just needed.

Pesto <3
These are both interesting because they're related to family, and they're so simple :) I think sometimes simple words say what is needed in the best way. Thank you both for responding <3