Question regarding uniqueness of map

Mivality

VIP
Mivality
Mivality
VIP
Ratings
Hey y'all, I had an idea of a parkour map that would be a restaurant (Titled "Restaurant"). Looking at the master list of all the parkours, I didn't see anything too similar to this. I plan on being different from a map like BurgerKing or KrustyKrab by actually taking you to more places that what you see in there, such as the kitchen or other areas of the restaurant. I was just wondering if this idea would likely be submitted, since I don't want to completely commit myself to something if I know its not going to get submitted.

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hey Mivality,

When asking a question make sure to put it under the Parkour section of the forums and leave this section for submission of maps!!

To answer your question, the theme will be counted as a bit unoriginal and it’ll be harder for it to get accepted compared to new themes. There are many parkour maps with similar things but they are executed differently making it able to accepted. So yes you can still make this theme and get it accepted it’ll just be harder and you need to really make sure that the way you are executing the map is different than other similar themes! Since there really isn’t a way to spin this map different than maps already accepted personally I would go for a new theme!

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello,

The map guide is a rough idea of how many maps are related to one theme, there isn't a limit as to how many there can be in one theme, it's mainly there so you can compare how different your map is to the rest of the maps in that theme. Restaurants aren't the most original theme, as there are multiple maps under that category - however, if you compare your map to the others listed in that category and it is different enough from the others, then the theme wouldn't be an issue. There are some themes like floating islands and biomes that are very overdone and have a much lower chance of being accepted for that reason, but if you are able to make your map unique and not too close to others, your map wouldn't solely be rejected for that reason.
I hope this makes sense, and if you have any questions related to this feel free to message me by either replying to this thread, private msging me on the forums, or messaging me on discord (madi#5198)

I will also be moving this thread to general parkour discussion, as this is the area just for map submissions.

Mivality

VIP
Mivality
Mivality
VIP
Ratings
Hello,

The map guide is a rough idea of how many maps are related to one theme, there isn't a limit as to how many there can be in one theme, it's mainly there so you can compare how different your map is to the rest of the maps in that theme. Restaurants aren't the most original theme, as there are multiple maps under that category - however, if you compare your map to the others listed in that category and it is different enough from the others, then the theme wouldn't be an issue. There are some themes like floating islands and biomes that are very overdone and have a much lower chance of being accepted for that reason, but if you are able to make your map unique and not too close to others, your map wouldn't solely be rejected for that reason.
I hope this makes sense, and if you have any questions related to this feel free to message me by either replying to this thread, private msging me on the forums, or messaging me on discord (madi#5198)

I will also be moving this thread to general parkour discussion, as this is the area just for map submissions.
Thanks for responding, what other restaurant maps are there? Im trying to look at the master list for any that seem like they would look like restaurants, but cant seem to find any. Do you know any names so I could check them out?

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
The main ones I can think of/find would be Subway - Easy, Mcdonalds - Medium, BurgerKing - Medium, Flo'sV8Cafe - Medium & KrustyKrab - Medium