Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Review :
Theme
Bad theme.
A "Rainbow" theme is not original and there is a lot of parkour with this theme (I know what I'm saying, I got taken for a ride when I submit my first map xD).

Build
Pretty good.
You mixed a bit the Rainbow theme with a race theme, and it's pretty good !
Just be careful but pixel art are not the best build you can put in your parkour (Go read this : ).

Parkour
Not really good.
There is almost no variation of block in your map (There is just 2 slime), so try to put Ice, Soul Sand, Ladder...
Also for me, the parkour is a medium one but there is just 36-38 jumps on it. You need between 40 and 65 jumps in your parkour for a medium one.
The parkour is a bit repetitive in some part, so try to correct it (With for example : Ice, Slime, ladder...).

Miscellaneous
The invisible blocks at the end are pretty sneaky and can be divert. So try to put some sign on it and put more invisible block (But not next to the player).
The pressure plate at the end need to be a stone one and you need to put a wool with the color of the difficulty (Easy : Green, Medium : Yellow, Hard : Red...).

My opinion
Not gonna be accepted, even if the theme is bad, the build looks good; but the parkour itself need some improvement.

Also, I'm not a map judger (Shron and Txilsy are) so their opinions can be different !

Review :
Theme
Bad theme.
A "Rainbow" theme is not original and there is a lot of parkour with this theme (I know what I'm saying, I got taken for a ride when I submit my first map xD).

Build
Pretty good.
You mixed a bit the Rainbow theme with a race theme, and it's pretty good !
Just be careful but pixel art are not the best build you can put in your parkour (Go read this : ).

Parkour
Not really good.
There is almost no variation of block in your map (There is just 2 slime), so try to put Ice, Soul Sand, Ladder...
Also for me, the parkour is a medium one but there is just 36-38 jumps on it. You need between 40 and 65 jumps in your parkour for a medium one.
The parkour is a bit repetitive in some part, so try to correct it (With for example : Ice, Slime, ladder...).

Miscellaneous
The invisible blocks at the end are pretty sneaky and can be divert. So try to put some sign on it and put more invisible block (But not next to the player).
The pressure plate at the end need to be a stone one and you need to put a wool with the color of the difficulty (Easy : Green, Medium : Yellow, Hard : Red...).

My opinion
Not gonna be accepted, even if the theme is bad, the build looks good; but the parkour itself need some improvement.

Also, I'm not a map judger (Shron and Txilsy are) so their opinions can be different !
thanks for the help, its my first map so I don't know anything really aha

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Heyy,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

Everything I wanted to point out has been said by Shinxray. So I would just advise you to read all the threads he provided you with and the ones I have at the end of this thread. Look around the Parkour forum as well, for some tips and/or ideas. Feel free to ask me or any player for help, collaborating is also a nice idea to keep in mind! Just keep on trying and I'm sure you will come up with something great soon.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)
Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Submission format: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
List of current maps/themes: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/#post-73063
Map difficulty guide: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/map-difficulty-guide.16797/

Status
Not open for further replies.