Rank Requirement to Enter Hades

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I know this has been mentioned and suggested before, but it really needs to be added like, 3 seasons ago lol
All of the hackers that come onto Olympus to use PVP hacks are new to the game and are in the first few ranks. There is no point in letting people below Hero rank into hades area since they cant mine there anyways. PVP shouldn't be such a part of a prison server anyways, so stopping a new player from dying and complaining they lost their pick wouldn't be too bad.
A barrier could be made similar to VIP mine, where it only allows players vip+ in. Except in this case, it would be Hero and up. It's super simple to do and can be done in less than 10 minutes.

It's the small things like that that improve the game for everyone. Letting things like this go slowly add up on the frustration of the players in seeing that nothing is being done for them. The last time there has been a bugfix on Olympus was in June and it's basically only one fix a month before that. I don't know if you can count like I can, but that was 3 months ago. I know "newly reset server get priority", but actually shush lol. Are servers like Olympus and Skyblock nonexistent now?
(this was a tease by the way, but we do need a rank barrier for hades)

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
hey SSM! I think this is a fair idea!

I still don't think this is the solution ever since hades is not just for mining. It is for PVPing too. newer people can (theoretically) kill others for their stuff as well. Making the mine Hero+ only will make the 'PVP' part of the mine less interesting. I'm currently at 37 rebirths and even with mob towers, it takes me about half an hour to even get to hero after every rebirth. This would mean I can't enter hades for the first 30 mins after every rebirth.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Howdy SSM!

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you, even though I am not entirely against the idea of having a rank barrier to enter Hades I;m afraid it would cause more issues and confusion than what it is worth. However, if you feel strongly about the suggestion you are welcome to add it to our suggestion website. It is the best way to keep suggestions organized and notifiable to higher staff.

Back to why I disagree with this suggestion, most prison servers- if not all- have some form of a PVP mine. It helps give the players something to do in-between rebirths or mining levels. Dutchy also brings up a great point, for players in the early or mid stages of rebirththing- the Hades volcano would not be able to be used by them until they are able to rank up again. Taking away a bit of the fun.

We highly appreciate all suggestions and feedback you guys give, Thank you SSM for this suggestion and conversion topic.

best, kayla

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Making the mine Hero+ only will make the 'PVP' part of the mine less interesting. I'm currently at 37 rebirths and even with mob towers, it takes me about half an hour to even get to hero after every rebirth. This would mean I can't enter hades for the first 30 mins after every rebirth.
You don't have to ability to do any mining in Hades until Hero rank anyways. I think mob grinders have their own problems and don't really belong on a prison server, but if they're to stay, perhaps included in this rank requirement to get into hades, if you are below hero and below 1 rebirth you cant enter.
This way it would strictly be the new new players who aren't allowed in. There is still PVP area near the magma merchants on the bridge that they can go if they'd like. Just if it was a new new player, who used hacks as experienced multiple times, then they wouldn't affect the long time players in Hades mine.

I;m afraid it would cause more issues and confusion than what it is worth.
However, if you feel strongly about the suggestion you are welcome to add it to our suggestion website. It is the best way to keep suggestions organized and notifiable to higher staff.

most prison servers- if not all- have some form of a PVP mine. It helps give the players something to do in-between rebirths or mining levels. Dutchy also brings up a great point, for players in the early or mid stages of rebirththing- the Hades volcano would not be able to be used by them until they are able to rank up again
Honestly, I think there are places that cause MUCH more confusion than adding this player blocker filter thingy mcdoodoo. It already says 'you can't mine in hades until Hero rank' or something, so I don't believe the confusion would be any more than it is.
I understand the point of PVP mines, but if you cant mine there, its not a PVP mine. With the new edit I mentioned above after responding to Dutchy, I think that would really be perfect for this to be added.
The suggestions website has many problems, so I won't be putting it there. There is a better chance of it being added through forums. Most of it can be explained in this thread: https://manacube.com/threads/edit-for-the-suggestions-website.60208/
but basically, due to inactivity and chaos, there is no way for the suggestions to be filtered and reviewed properly.

tiredlilly

ELITE
MusicBi
MusicBi
ELITE
Ratings
I think if there was a rank requirement to enter Hades we should bring back /warp pvp or something like that! It was a great solution for people just trying to PvP not in volcano.