Ranks restricted to realms but /cow is global?

Make Ranked Keys on /Cow Per Realm

• Total voters

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
I understand that the /cow for the daily reward is global and that makes a lot of sense but what I don't get is that you have to pay for each rank on each realm individually but you can only claim per your rank on /cow globally once per month/week. Other then the monthly/weekly keys that you get from these ranks there is not a whole lot to gain. Considering that Elite is $50 or more per realm I should think that you would be able to claim your weekly key per realm, rather then globally.

If I were able to make the 1 $50 payment for elite (example) on all realms I dont think players would be as fussed about this as they are at the moment. But literally just the fact that you have to pay indivually for them and then on top of that you dont necessarily get all of the perks on the realm you purchased that rank on.

Snaxerl

PATRON
Snaxerl
Snaxerl
Patron
Ratings
I think the same about Gkits. If you have Elite on Islands and Skyblock, you can't claim the kits on both realms.

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
more then a month later and Im still not over this? why isn't there more outrage from the community? Am I missing smth here

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
While I can totally understand your frustration on this, I think it would be slightly unfair to give players who purchased multiple ranks on multiple servers the option to claim their keys on each server, whilst players who have purchased global ranks before the change can only claim them once despite having a rank on every gamemode (with the exception of Earth).

If you purchased the global rank, you no longer have the opportunity to purchase the ranks on the other gamemodes for this perk, so it would be slightly unfair in that aspect considering you still have the same rank on each server as someone who purchased the ranks separately. Similarly with Patron/Patron+ you can only claim the monthly promotional crate key on one gamemode per month.

I think it would also be a bad move from a business standpoint if they made it so you could claim the weekly/monthly rank & promo keys on multiple servers just because you have a global rank and/or purchased the rank on multiple servers. If you consider the number of donators on the network and how many have multiple or global ranks, it would drastically decrease the demand for purchasing keys because players could simply just trade items across gamemodes and they could open 5 keys (6 if they're Patron) on 8 gamemodes (excluding Creative and Anarchy) every single week/month, even more so if they have alts. There is a potential workaround if you have alts - you could purchase the rank on your alt for a different server and get keys on both realms, the only flaw is that it would be on separate accounts.

On the subject of gkits also, the cooldown is nowhere near as long as it is for the weekly/monthly keys so I don't think they're a fair comparison, plus there is always the option to do a global trade for gkits (for example: asking someone on Survival to give you their gkit on Skyblock and vice versa).

Again, I can totally understand the frustration behind this and I can also understand your argument, but it's something I personally can't see changing. Even if global ranks were given the same ability to claim the keys per server, I just can't see it working out - This is absolutely not to discourage your suggestion/discussion, don't mind me playing devil's advocate, haha ^^

Mark Snicket

Forum Master
ELITE
Mark682574
Mark682574
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
i totaly agree with that, maybe you wouldn't apply that to parton key because that is global no matter what but for the others i think it should be per realm

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
While I can totally understand your frustration on this, I think it would be slightly unfair to give players who purchased multiple ranks on multiple servers the option to claim their keys on each server, whilst players who have purchased global ranks before the change can only claim them once despite having a rank on every gamemode (with the exception of Earth).

If you purchased the global rank, you no longer have the opportunity to purchase the ranks on the other gamemodes for this perk, so it would be slightly unfair in that aspect considering you still have the same rank on each server as someone who purchased the ranks separately. Similarly with Patron/Patron+ you can only claim the monthly promotional crate key on one gamemode per month.

I think it would also be a bad move from a business standpoint if they made it so you could claim the weekly/monthly rank & promo keys on multiple servers just because you have a global rank and/or purchased the rank on multiple servers. If you consider the number of donators on the network and how many have multiple or global ranks, it would drastically decrease the demand for purchasing keys because players could simply just trade items across gamemodes and they could open 5 keys (6 if they're Patron) on 8 gamemodes (excluding Creative and Anarchy) every single week/month, even more so if they have alts. There is a potential workaround if you have alts - you could purchase the rank on your alt for a different server and get keys on both realms, the only flaw is that it would be on separate accounts.

On the subject of gkits also, the cooldown is nowhere near as long as it is for the weekly/monthly keys so I don't think they're a fair comparison, plus there is always the option to do a global trade for gkits (for example: asking someone on Survival to give you their gkit on Skyblock and vice versa).

Again, I can totally understand the frustration behind this and I can also understand your argument, but it's something I personally can't see changing. Even if global ranks were given the same ability to claim the keys per server, I just can't see it working out - This is absolutely not to discourage your suggestion/discussion, don't mind me playing devil's advocate, haha ^^
Im just more concerned about it legally. I know that false advertisement or misleading customers in many places is illegal so I checked the store descriptions and it does say on the per realm ones that you get the key once a month every month. So if users are under the impression if they buy 2x elite on the realms of their choice they would be under the assumption that they would get 1 key on both realms they bought them on (at least that is what it looks like from a consumers perspective and that can be harmful for the company, in this case Manacube) many companies have literally been sued/taken to court because the item description is misleading. and i know how u americans like to sue left right and centre
+ i really like manacube and I would hate to see anything happen to it

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
Im just more concerned about it legally. I know that false advertisement or misleading customers in many places is illegal so I checked the store descriptions and it does say on the per realm ones that you get the key once a month every month.
That is a very fair point to make, and it is also highlighted in the Terms & Conditions on the website (https://store.manacube.com/terms/checkout).

T&Cs.png
However, it doesn't state on the per-server ranks that you get 4 keys per realm every month, only that you get the number of keys determined by the rank you purchase every month/week in the case of the ELITE keys. Plus, if you look at the "Global" section, it will say "One key per month" "Two keys per month" etc.

Elite.png

ManaCube (ManaLabs) is a formal incorporation, so they will more than likely be legally secure, I promise it is extremely unlikely anything would happen to the network. You've got nothing to worry about! :D

Attachments

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
ManaCube (ManaLabs) is a formal incorporation, so they will more than likely be legally secure, I promise it is extremely unlikely anything would happen to the network. You've got nothing to worry about! :D
It does appear on the realm ones as well

Mark Snicket

Forum Master
ELITE
Mark682574
Mark682574
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
or at least make a way to sync all ancient keys, so you can claim them all at once and the middle of the time gets calculated and set for every key

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
This is to tell you the type of key you can expect to claim for free with this rank . Not that you get to claim it on every realm
I mean it doesn't explicitly state that you only get 1 key per month unless you actually look at the "global" option. If people are reading the per realm or more realistically the rank descriptions in /cubitstore . It does list 1 free key per month and it doesn't state anywhere about the 1 key per entire server. So thats super misleading as well.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
I mean it doesn't explicitly state that you only get 1 key per month unless you actually look at the "global" option. If people are reading the per realm or more realistically the rank descriptions in /cubitstore . It does list 1 free key per month and it doesn't state anywhere about the 1 key per entire server. So thats super misleading as well.
It’s not misleading as it doesn’t say you get it per realm - If it was advertised as “free monthly key per realm”, then it would be, but nowhere does it even imply that you get it on every realm. The fact it says you only get ONE is the major giveaway.

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
It’s not misleading as it doesn’t say you get it per realm - If it was advertised as “free monthly key per realm”, then it would be, but nowhere does it even imply that you get it on every realm. The fact it says you only get ONE is the major giveaway.
This is me on Earth, looking at buying a rank for just earth. It clearly says here "Free Monthly Ancient Key" I use what? 30 cubits or whatever it is and I get my rank with my monthly key on earth.

and now Im on survival, it looks interesting maybe I want to play here too? I buy Mvp+ for just survival and it indicates here that I get a Free Monthly Ancient Key with my survival rank that I paid an extra 30 cubits or whatever it is for.
javaw_JyvviW9m8e.png

Like can you not see how it is misleading? especially on the PER REALM information on store and the rank purchase on /cubitstore in game.
Post automatically merged:

This is to tell you the type of key you can expect to claim for free with this rank . Not that you get to claim it on every realm
There should at the very least be a disclaimer.

VAL

Survival Mod
Valgari
Valgari
Mod
Ratings
214 13
This gui isnt to tell you its a claimable item on EVERY server .T hese Ranks are to show you what each Rank offers. It is a GLOBAL GUI .
Players can look at what rank they may want to purchase, If keys were meant to be claimed on each realm Manacube would state that in the Gui,

Keys are for use on single realms only and wont change anytime soon, This is why it does not say anywhere CLAIMABLE ON EVERY REALM

Also whether it be Single Realm or global rank you will only get to claim the keys you have been given for free with those purchased ranks on the realm you choose to play at any given time..

Last edited:

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
T hese Ranks are to show you what each Rank offers.
Well they dont because I dont get my mvp key on survival when the GUI implied I did.

VAL

Survival Mod
Valgari
Valgari
Mod
Ratings
214 13
Well they dont because I dont get my mvp key on survival when the GUI implied I did.
You Do not get keys on every single realm. YOU can claim them where ever you want , You only get ONE per month. so you can claim mvp on survival or factions, or earth depending where you want to claim it, They are not realm Specific..

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
You Do not get keys on every single realm. YOU can claim them where ever you want , You only get ONE per month. so you can claim mvp on survival or factions, or earth depending where you want to claim it, They are not realm Specific..
I understand that is how it works. Im telling you guys that your store is misleading. Im not trying to argue with you. Im trying to understand how this makes sense and how anyone could see it as not deceiving.

VAL

Survival Mod
Valgari
Valgari
Mod
Ratings
214 13
I understand that is how it works. Im telling you guys that your store is misleading. Im not trying to argue with you. Im trying to understand how this makes sense and how anyone could see it as not deceiving.
You are more than welcome to make a support ticket and ask admins to add a clarification . Most players have no issue understanding the way Keys work as they are given every month and they have to wait to claim on another realm..

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
You are more than welcome to make a support ticket and ask admins to add a clarification . Most players have no issue understanding the way Keys work as they are given every month and they have to wait to claim on another realm..
Not asking for clarification. Im saying that it's misleading.