Rant about Skyblock contest today

SpookyMaddy

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
116 17
Hello players
As you might of seen on the forums today there was a cooking contest in Skyblock. We had to make cake, a strength potion and a cooked fish. First. There was NO Iron. and the staff didn't help anybody that was also having this problem. Second, two of my friends got disqualified for illegitimate reasons. CursedBlessings for "racism" Even though we were in a skype call with xWaffleWizard and he was putting on a video for us. So there was absolutely no way he was being racist and if he was, show us proof? Because we all agreed he couldn't have been racist. Second xWaffleWizard got Disqualified while trying to find IRON and accidentally broke my button. Now I didn't care bc he was in a call with me and I said it was fine. But of course the dramatic staff had to disqualify him for an accident because he was in a panic mode and mining for everything and accidentally broke my button. And for the CursedBlessings mute, and disqualify he was putting in chat Naggers not what you guys assumed. Every staff on here just assumes and assumes EVERYTHING. For the Iron. We didn't even get it all at the same time the people that won were given it one by one so how did ANYBODY else have a chance to win? This was a complete shit contest and I find it completely unfair.
-Maddy

Ratings
Im just saying people could have used /eec as ive noticed it worked in the contest, i seen someone say type /eec in chat but at that point it was over

Sooshie_

Donator
Ratings
Although I didn't win, I thought it was a fun contest! Just because the staff forgot to put the iron in the chests doesn't mean that they are rude and oblivious people. Yes, the people who got iron first won, but those are worldly matters. You're still playing on this awesome server with a bunch of cool people.

Yo Boi Sushie

Yuko

Ratings
74 5
Hello Snowpanda,

Since I'm not in charge of events, I won't answer your questions on that topic. I'll let Emmalouise and Purple4me do that instead.

About the racism, CursedBlessings was indeed being racist in chat by saying a racist slur. Staff is expected to mute immediately, without any warnings. I will not provide proof, as that is none of your concern. In this situation, staff did what they had to do.

Thank you.

Andre

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Anndre
Anndre
ELITE
Ratings
102 7
The button could have easily been placed back and the contest would have been fun if it was prepared correctly. Besides that the build was awesome. Also I'm not even gonna say anything about the iron....

SpookyMaddy

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
116 17
Although I didn't win, I thought it was a fun contest! Just because the staff forgot to put the iron in the chests doesn't mean that they are rude and oblivious people. Yes, the people who got iron first won, but those are worldly matters. You're still playing on this awesome server with a bunch of cool people.

Yo Boi Sushie
Yes but still, it should have been put there because it is utterly unfair for people that did want a chance to win instead of Z_raid who literally thinks he is the best player and wins everything because staff favorite him. I was talking with @Dominator813 said if there was iron placed in the first place he would have won and more people would be satisfied.

Seaniie

PATRON
Ratings
76 6
Yes but still, it should have been put there because it is utterly unfair for people that did want a chance to win instead of Z_raid who literally thinks he is the best player and wins everything because staff favorite him. I was talking with @Dominator813 said if there was iron placed in the first place he would have won and more people would be satisfied.
True

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
I apologize that the event didn't go as smoothly as you would have liked @PresidentPanda. I take responsibility for the missing iron. The iron was being placed as fast as we could, but once we had three finishers we stopped ... and waited for the rage. These contests take a lot of time and preparation, and sadly I am not yet perfect, so neither are the contests.

But let's not forget this is a game, and the contest was set up for something fun to do. You were free to leave at any time if it wasn't up to your standards.

We will do more cooking events and will test in the same way we tested this time. There may be another mistake. But in the end, the contest was just a fun way to spend a half hour with other players and rage is not needed.

As far as the bans go, the evidence of CursedBlessings racism is in his mute reason. If he wants to appeal he may. As far as WaffleWizard goes, it was a decision that had to be made quickly. We don't always care if the two players involved are okay with what is going on. We can't tell what is going on in private skype calls and cannot take that into consideration.

And @FlashxPoint why do you assume we delete threads from unhappy players? Do you really think staff are that petty that we can't take criticism? Just the hate I take from you alone should show you that I don't over react to every rude and insensitive comment. It's what we expect from some players.

Seaniie

PATRON
Ratings
76 6
I apologize that the event didn't go as smoothly as you would have liked @PresidentPanda. I take responsibility for the missing iron. The iron was being placed as fast as we could, but once we had three finishers we stopped ... and waited for the rage. These contests take a lot of time and preparation, and sadly I am not yet perfect, so neither are the contests.

But let's not forget this is a game, and the contest was set up for something fun to do. You were free to leave at any time if it wasn't up to your standards.

We will do more cooking events and will test in the same way we tested this time. There may be another mistake. But in the end, the contest was just a fun way to spend a half hour with other players and rage is not needed.

As far as the bans go, the evidence of CursedBlessings racism is in his mute reason. If he wants to appeal he may. As far as WaffleWizard goes, it was a decision that had to be made quickly. We don't always care if the two players involved are okay with what is going on. We can't tell what is going on in private skype calls and cannot take that into consideration.

And @FlashxPoint why do you assume we delete threads from unhappy players? Do you really think staff are that petty that we can't take criticism? Just the hate I take from you alone should show you that I don't over react to every rude and insensitive comment. It's what we expect from some players.
i don't want to be that guy but why would u award people that didn't win fairly???

SpookyMaddy

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
116 17

Yes, no one is perfect and neither will anything ever be. But before you opened the contest and started since it took so long, you should have went through and made sure everything was set in place so you had somewhat satisfied players.

Ratings
5 1
Ogreall this event was quite well setup apart from the iron, not going to go into details but overall people won unfairly and it caused quite the outrage in chat.

No one is perfect, but everyone cat try to be even if they don't succeed they still got themselves somewhere. The build was amazing, everything was amazing apart from the fact that the people who signed up first for the contest got the win before everyone else.

I appreciate the fact that the staff tried their hardest but they let people win unfairly. Can't wait to see how other events turn out! Thank you for this event.

Emmalouise

Forum Expert
MVP+
IEmmaLouiseI
IEmmaLouiseI
MVP+
Ratings
264 14
1) We did test everything before hand. We don't understand what happened to the iron but we tried our best to correct it. 2) It is just a game. If you didn't like it, you could've left. We didn't force you to take part. 3) We were not in your call so what you said was obviously going to be taken as racist. 4) The button was broken. It was quite clearly on the wall and not to be touched. You didn't speak up and say it was okay and you think we can all just guess what is being said in a call or what you're thinking. We aren't magical, we can't just know what you're thinking.

None of you see what we do to prepare so you really cannot say we didn't test everything. Last night Purple and I spent hours preparing the chests and there was iron then. When the event started and we saw the iron was gone we tried to correct it as quickly as possible but we couldn't stop the event as you'd all seen the recipes etc so we tried to add them quickly. It was only 10 minutes out of your day. You will not be getting prizes for us not adding iron in time. It was a mistake and a game. It isn't the end of the world so please can you all stop acting so immature about it.

These events are for players to have fun and for everyone to enjoy, but if things like this keep being taken out of proportion and people act so immature about it then there really isn't any point in doing the events as it's taking the enjoyment of hosting it away. You're ruining it for the majority of players who say thank you to us for taking time out of day to make it all. The cooking event has taken us weeks to prepare. Most players don't complain and appreciate the effort that's gone into the event, rather than picking what we do to pieces.

Last edited:

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
Like Amber said you try making an event. After all this is a "block game" Theres no need to go and complain about an event that was worked hard on.

This event was completely Purples idea and the event managers. They made this so they could do something nice for skyblock. The last thing they need right now is for y'all to complain about how "bad" this event was when it was up to them to make it.

Now I understand there were some flaws in it but when your taking care of a whole server, like their case, and on top of that making an event, I'm sure it does get a bit out of hand.

So before you make a thread like this, complaining about something that was completely voluntarily made, stop and think like our old literature textbooks taught us.

Thank you and have a great day! :)