SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Woah who made that beast?

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
The map was fun and the parkour fit the medium difficulty. The build is very nice! Good job to you both! Now make a real cat :p

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey Inktest!

I will give you my opinion on your map. I am not a map judge, so please not that my opinion doesn't affect if your map gets accepted or rejected.

The theme is somewhat orginal. We already have several animal crossing themed maps, but none exactly like this. The build looks good and detailed. It's accurate to what the actual character looks like. The parkour is well varied. You used different types of blocks creating enjoyable and orginal jumps, I personally feel like the course is a bit long, but the difficulty of the jumps fit the medium difficulty quite nicely! I do suggest adding a sign that tells you that there's slime blocks under the carpets in the body part, as it is a bit confusing where to go.

Good luck, have a great day!
- Sil

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Hey Inktest!

I will give you my opinion on your map. I am not a map judge, so please not that my opinion doesn't affect if your map gets accepted or rejected.

The theme is somewhat orginal. We already have several animal crossing themed maps, but none exactly like this. The build looks good and detailed. It's accurate to what the actual character looks like. The parkour is well varied. You used different types of blocks creating enjoyable and orginal jumps, I personally feel like the course is a bit long, but the difficulty of the jumps fit the medium difficulty quite nicely! I do suggest adding a sign that tells you that there's slime blocks under the carpets in the body part, as it is a bit confusing where to go.

Good luck, have a great day!
- Sil
Thanks for this Sil, we’ll get to modifying it ASAP!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Ink and Chicken,

This is an unpopular opinion among the judges, but I have to put this map into reviewing. You will have until September 17th, 2020 to make changes to the map before it is automatically rejected.
As mentioned above, the theme is somewhat unoriginal, as a few Animal Crossing characters have been built now (Isabelle, TomNook, Hopkins). Me having built two out of the three of those and helping with another, I fear I'm a bit pit pickier when it comes to the build for these characters.
My main concern with this map is the build. The head is a bit "watermelon shaped" and looks heavily world edited, especially with the randomized shading used. Especially when building from Animal Crossing, I would almost recommend NOT shading, as the game is very smooth and cartoony in art style. The head is my main concern, but there's an overall problem of things looking a bit misshapen and off from Raymond's appearance, such as the glasses and nose. I would ask you to use references to note the head shape of Raymond when you adjust.
I would like to see fixes to the shading, and slimming/shaping the head in that true Animal Crossing shape more especially. This might be picky, I can acknowledge that I'm being a bit harsher about this critique because of my love for the game.
I perhaps could have let the build slide a bit more if I didn't find the parkour to be a bit on the harder side in some places. You may have to modify the parkour as it is because of changes to the head. I would potentially take a second look at some jumps that might be on the harder side of the medium difficulty and potentially placing them near checkpoints or nerfing them slightly.

Thank you for submitting this map! I hope to see the changes soon. Please message me on Discord when they are finished!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Ink and Chicken,

I will be rejecting this map automatically as I have not heard of any revisions made on this map, and the reviewing period has now expired. Feel free to make changes and resubmit in the future. Thank you for submitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.