Rejected (Re-Submit) - Angry Octopus - Hard/Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Name --> Angry Octopus.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Username's --> 27hrs and AbortoDeKoala.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The # of your Plot / or warp name to it --> /plot home 35;37 or /plot home AbortoDeKoala.
Difficulty --> Hard/Extreme, i'd like help for testing the map to know the difficulty.
Screenshot's --> I can't post screenshots because i need to have 3 posts, when i can i'll put them. ;)

If the mod/helper/tester wants, he can nerf some jumps (mainly on the ladder section at the end)
Thanks to Txilsy for the recommendations to make the map better. :p

Lauk

Ratings
9 2
Hello, I'm starting to make reviews for people because I'm sure they appreciate some good response.
Don't get upset is it's a terrible review, I've met people on this server who really don't agree with my opinions on parkour.

Sense of Building, Good Design:
Creativity: 4/5
- It reminds me of all the creepers and ghast and all those maps, which would've made me put it low, but this one is cute and I enjoy how each jump pad looks. The water is nice because it fits the octopus theme. Nothing seems out of place, it's all fit. More in depth with design.
Sense of building: 10/10
- It all looks great! Jumps looks good, not just 1x1 blocks, it's all great. Nothing else to say.
Minimization of barriers: 1/3
Now-- this isn't about the barrier jumps inside the octopus(that's actually really nice), this is about the use of barriers to prevent players from going to locations.This is where my opinion may differ from others-- using barriers to block off players is lazy. Barriers are practically impossible to see and may make players frustrated when they bump into them.
Parkour:
Jumps: 10/10

-Good variety. No incredibly tedious jumps. Use of slime jumps is great, and the fact you put carpet over it so the ugly green wont stand out is a good choice.The uniqueness with the wool+barrier is lovable.
No-cheat-less jumps: 2/2
-Hopefully this wont effect my reviews for long. High use of ladders, glass panes, or even fences cause no-cheat. There's nothing tedious about this.
Self-explanatory: 2/2
-This parkour is self explanatory. All good here.

29/32
Rounded to 91%
In my opinion, if your stage is over a 75% I think (MY OPINION) it should be looked over by staff.

Ratings
Thanks! :p
i'll try to see what i can do with the barriers, because in some way if i don't use them the player can go to jump that is almost at the end, but i'll see what i can do. ;)

Shron

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
326 10
Hey AbortoDeKoala and 27hrs,
I am sorry to tell you, but I will reject this map.
After reviewing this, we noticed you can shortcut by using the barriers and the barriers are overused a lot. The octopus is very cubic and it also looks like having a chimney on top. I like the idea of the theme and also the red blocks in the wall to signalise a barrier jump.
If you want to resubmit, please fix the shortcuts and the messy barriers and maybe the "chimney" on top.
Thanks for submitting and I hope to see more in the future!

Shron

Status
Not open for further replies.