Rejected Red Desert Run - Medium (resubmission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsei

VIP+
samsei_
samsei_
VIP+
Ratings
Resubmission - I am adding screenshots this time.

Username: samsei_
Parkour Name: Red Desert Run
Difficulty: Medium
/plot visit samsei_ 1

Attachments

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey samsei_,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Your map is not original in theme as we have multiple desert-themed maps. And, the build present within this map is not different enough from our other maps to excuse the similarity in theme. I recommend that you look at the previously used themes list to avoid this in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit# .
  • Build: Personally, the build was not very good. The first issue is the unoriginality/lack of ingenuity present within the build. It's just these couple of floating red sandstone structures with little to nothing on them that set it apart from our other maps. Basically, it's too plain and basic. Furthermore, the floating parkour does not do the build any favors. Try to integrate it into your build better so that it doesn't hinder it.
  • Parkour: The parkour felt fitting for the medium difficulty in both length and difficulty, but rather unforgiving due to the spacing of the checkpoints. This length proved to make the parkour much more difficult than it should be. It's a quick fix, though! The other big issue with the parkour was the lack of variety. Your repeated use of slabs and slimes created a very stale feeling parkour. You should procure to incorporate different types of jumps and blocks into your parkour as to prevent this from happening.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.