Remove Auction House SVA Averages

jcody_parker

PATRON+
jcody_parker
jcody_parker
Patron+
Ratings
72 1
Remove SVA average price on auction house, probably the dumbest thing to be added in a while. If someone dumb pays 70c for a 20c item, now everyone thinks the price is higher because it doesnt show the highs & lows only 1 average. Or if some people sell something way too cheap, it shows a lower average and people try to undercut it, dumping the price of the item. People overpay on crate release, then prices drop. 90% of SVA's are sold in /trade because of the auction house tax, so averages don't really make sense to need it on the auction house.

You're probably losing money Dacon. People are less willing to spend more on items seeing these crazy low averages from people underselling. It was more fun when it was just a guessing game, we dont need stats for EVERYTHING

Last edited:

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
Remove SVA average price on auction house, probably the dumbest thing to be added in a while. If someone dumb pays 70c for a 20c item, now everyone thinks the price is higher because it doesnt show the highs & lows only 1 average. Or if some people sell something way too cheap, it shows a lower average and people try to undercut it, dumping the price of the item. People overpay on crate release, then prices drop. So averages dont really make sense for auction house.

You're probably losing money Dacon. People are less willing to spend more on items seeing these crazy low averages from people underselling. It was more fun when it was just a guessing game, we dont need stats for EVERYTHING
well-spoken jcody. it also causes problems with selling since if only a few items are sold for a low value and then the price goes up because of a new item or smth then no one will buy it anyway

fantismo

PATRON+
_fant
_fant
Patron+
Ratings
31 3
+1 it's getting old telling people over and over that average price does not reflect current value, it serves no good purpose

Crypticcom

ELITE
Crypticcom
Crypticcom
ELITE
Ratings
I completely agree with jcody_parker, please remove it. Otherwise, add more stats like a clickable link that shows a complete history, all the sales with price and date. That would be fun to program in... :)

jcody_parker

PATRON+
jcody_parker
jcody_parker
Patron+
Ratings
72 1
I completely agree with jcody_parker, please remove it. Otherwise, add more stats like a clickable link that shows a complete history, all the sales with price and date. That would be fun to program in... :)
still wouldnt really help because you have dummies basing price off of 3 total sales out of all the sales that happen outside of auction house
Post automatically merged:

+1 it's getting old telling people over and over that average price does not reflect current value, it serves no good purpose
there's a lot of kids here, it gets tiresome explaining to all of them that 3-4 sales is not an average. prices change over time too so something that sold 50 of them for 5c could have sold 5 recently for 30c and doesnt really change the average much. it just doesnt make sense having it here

fantismo

PATRON+
_fant
_fant
Patron+
Ratings
31 3
still wouldnt really help because you have dummies basing price off of 3 total sales out of all the sales that happen outside of auction house
Post automatically merged:

there's a lot of kids here, it gets tiresome explaining to all of them that 3-4 sales is not an average. prices change over time too so something that sold 50 of them for 5c could have sold 5 recently for 30c and doesnt really change the average much. it just doesnt make sense having it here
can we also talk about how the API doesn't track normal trades too? so many trades happen outside of the AH. in fact I would guess that 90-95% of my sales/buys are through trades and not through AH. the data is just bad and doesn't indicate anything worthwhile to anyone

1693442507364.png

this is the easiest one to point out, there's a million of these things but they sell for 8-10+c right now on sb. at it's worst, the avg price is telling less informed players a price that is somewhere around 20% of the actual current value. this is just a bad player experience in general for a few reasons:

1. new players have to try to assert that the avg price is what they want to pay and get shut down and corrected
2. it offers nothing to push people towards actual market value, this is just bad information for EVERYONE.
3. it makes it harder for people who have the SVAs because not only do you have to try to sell your stuff, you have to convince people that this data is bad

you want people to use the AH more so this data becomes more accurate? remove AH tax. why would I ever want to just lose 3% of my trade when a seller can msg me or I can msg a buyer and avoid it altogether? which defeats the purpose of this data in the way it's being used right now

add a value for past 30 days average or something more recent, or just remove that value off AH listings and /items and let ppl pull it from API if they're interested enough. I don't get why this information is in high visibility spots

jcody_parker

PATRON+
jcody_parker
jcody_parker
Patron+
Ratings
72 1
can we also talk about how the API doesn't track normal trades too? so many trades happen outside of the AH. in fact I would guess that 90-95% of my sales/buys are through trades and not through AH. the data is just bad and doesn't indicate anything worthwhile to anyone

View attachment 69598

this is the easiest one to point out, there's a million of these things but they sell for 8-10+c right now on sb. at it's worst, the avg price is telling less informed players a price that is somewhere around 20% of the actual current value. this is just a bad player experience in general for a few reasons:

1. new players have to try to assert that the avg price is what they want to pay and get shut down and corrected
2. it offers nothing to push people towards actual market value, this is just bad information for EVERYONE.
3. it makes it harder for people who have the SVAs because not only do you have to try to sell your stuff, you have to convince people that this data is bad

you want people to use the AH more so this data becomes more accurate? remove AH tax. why would I ever want to just lose 3% of my trade when a seller can msg me or I can msg a buyer and avoid it altogether? which defeats the purpose of this data in the way it's being used right now

add a value for past 30 days average or something more recent, or just remove that value off AH listings and /items and let ppl pull it from API if they're interested enough. I don't get why this information is in high visibility spots

100% agreed, it's just useless information that gives most uninformed players the idea of "this is how much this item costs" constantly having to argue with people why that price isn't the price, or getting called a scammer because you sold them something that doesn't reflect the "average".

It's the same thing on survival with the cocktails. Because during crate release there was 100s of people trying to sell them and not enough buyers, so the price got super low with everyone competing to sell theirs. Now that not as many are floating around as before and you can't just win it in a crate, the price went up because it's more in demand.

It really doesn't need to be on the main page of auction house confusing everyone