Removing Good Maps For New Ones?!

TheMLGMushroom

Donator
Ratings
Note: Please read my whole little rant before commenting, and also take a look at these pictures so you get an idea of what I'm talking about (http://imgur.com/a/chcyw). Thanks.

Okay so I personally don't know who made the jungle map but I know they put a lot of work into it and it's a great map! People grind on it all the time, its fun to play, and it gives you a good amount of gems for completing it.

So, I recently saw that the jungle map in hard was being removed for another one of Rylee's maps. In my opinion, this is one of the worst (this makes absolutely no sense to me) decisions parkour staff have made. Before you comment below saying that you needed to replace a map and it happens to be this one, hear me out.

This map gives a good amount of gems and is fun to play, so why remove this map out of all of the maps that no one goes on. Literally there are maps that I didn't know even existed because no one plays them and because they're just not fun, and hard. Why not remove some of those maps and replace it with new ones? For example this one (http://imgur.com/a/NJYGq). Its literally just random blocks in the sky, and that doesn't seem to be removed anytime soon. It doesn't even have a real theme. If I were to submit a map like that, it would probably be rejected right away. There are plenty of other courses like this that aren't getting replaced, however maps like the jungle map are.

Secondly, I want to say that NinjaHER0S posted a video on his YouTube channel which shows which maps give the most gems after an hour of grinding on them (here). The jungle map in hard is the first map he shows in the video with 5000+ gems an hour when you grind on it, making it one of the best maps to grind on. Before you say that's inaccurate, these numbers were based on how fast NinjaHER0S can do the map, as he has over 400 hours on record and he's really good at pretty much everything to do with parkour, which means he can obviously do this map very fast. This being said, it still shows that this map is a very good way for anyone, even if they're under skilled rank and can't do insane maps yet, to be able to steadily move up in ranks. I know that this isn't the only good map to grind on, but its an older map that many people have grown to like very much.

In conclusion, I hope staff takes this into consideration, and hopefully we can keep our beloved jungle map. Thanks for reading all this, and have an awesome day!

EDIT: I didn't know the full story and apparently its not being replaced by Rylee's map. xDacon moved it to medium because it was too easy but here's what I don't get... why not just leave it in hard and fix the /speed glitch? That makes so much more sense. Also apparently Rylee was online and she told me that before xDacon was about to move it to medium, he told Rylee to do the course and if she failed one time it would be moved to medium. If she flawlessly made the course it would stay in hard. This makes absolutely no sense at all seeing that if you fail, shouldn't it be rated hard? And if you flawlessly do a map it would make sense to put it in medium! Anyway that's all I got.

Last edited:

Ambibug

Retired
ELITE
Ambibug
Ambibug
ELITE
Ratings
262 6
Okay so sorry in my reply if I miss something but I believe the jungle map is being moved to medium as it was deemed that it shouldn't be a hard and not being removed completely (not 100% sure but it's been changed to a medium) also players were able to get so many gems out of this map because with /speed you could skip nearly the entire thing which has now been fixed. In conclusion pretty sure it's not being removed, just moved. :p

RyleeGrace

MVP+
rryl
rryl
MVP+
Ratings
40 5
lol, it isn't being removed for one of my maps. it was a thing dacon did for fun, because he was supposedly "getting rid of easy maps that people farmed on" . he said "it won't be removed if all of you guys can make it without falling. of course, i fell, so he made "a wall" for me. and sadly, jungle is no more. hate me all you want. :)

TheMLGMushroom

Donator
Ratings
lol, it isn't being removed for one of my maps. it was a thing dacon did for fun, because he was supposedly "getting rid of easy maps that people farmed on" . he said "it won't be removed if all of you guys can make it without falling. of course, i fell, so he made "a wall" for me. and sadly, jungle is no more. hate me all you want. :)
This is an old thread and ambibug already cleared it up over a month ago... :c