Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Builder: SpoopyBirb
Name: Black Hole Bridge
Plot: -64:24, or SpoopyBirb's plot 1
Difficulty: Medium
Around 58 jumps altogether

My first submission was 'A Dance in the Sands of Time.' This map was rejected due to a rather unoriginal theme of an hourglass, as well as the parkour being slightly monotonous. Taking this into account, I went back to the drawing board and decided to select an alternative theme for my build and alter the parkour accordingly. This time, I actually checked to see if my theme was original before changing it, and thus, Black Hole Bridge was born.

For the most part, it's the same map, but with the block palette completely redone to give the theme of a star being sucked into a black hole in a kind of wormhole-like space. The sand at the top was changed to obsidian for the black hole, and the sand at the bottom was changed to sea lanterns for the star (see below):

2020-03-15_18.48.18.png
2020-03-15_18.56.55.png

Obviously, the block choice and theme were not the only things wrong with the original parkour - most jumps were simple block-to-block parkour, making for an overall uninteresting experience. To fix this, I substantially diversified the types of jumps involved in the parkour. Many blocks were replaced with stairs, trapdoors, or heads to give a different feel to every jump. The two neos were both altered to be more interesting - the fence neo was replaced by a trapdoor neo, and the block neo was replaced by a stair neo. I also incorporated interesting mechanics such as water and ladder falls to broaden the overall parkour. An example of some novel jumps can be seen here:

2020-03-15_18.57.22.png
2020-03-15_18.57.07.png

I believe I've changed the theme to be original (I couldn't find any other black-hole themed map), and hopefully made the parkour interesting enough to satisfy expectations.

Details about specific changes can be found below.

Full Changelog:
Changed sand to sea lanterns and obsidian
Changed any oak planks (stairs, slabs, blocks) to quartz or birch planks
Changed stone slabs to quartz
Modified early ladder jump to be slightly easier
Added a water pseudo-jump
Added a ladder-fall jump
Increased the fences in the jump-around-the-fence sections
Changed baseboard to only be sea lanterns
Changed fence neo to be a trapdoor neo
Swapped two fence jumps with head jumps
Swapped a simple block jump into trapdoor jumps
Change a simple block jump into a head-hitter jump
Changed glowstone to sea lanterns
Swapped block neo to stair neo
Improved overall aesthetic
Added some signs
Changed the name of the parkour

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
I would give this a +1 now and I would like to see this accepted.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello SpoopyBirb,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is different from your last submission; however, it is still a bit unoriginal.
The build doesn't really depict the black hole concept very well. A black hole is very hard to build in Minecraft, because we don't really have any good pictures of a real black hole to go off of.
The parkour is still a bit repetitive, even though there is some more variety to be seen throughout. It does fit the medium difficulty quite nicely!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.