A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Hello there bud - just here to drop some feedback after testing your map. Bear in mind I am not a map judge yadi yada :)

The theme is novel, so good job on choosing a unique theme!

The build itself is interesting. You've taken 2d pixel art and made it much more vibrant and pop out. I think on that aspect it's fine. The stage however is slightly bland as in it looks like quartz rectangles. Perhaps experiment with cracked walls like the reference image, or upside down stairs to create an outcrop.

The parkour will require some reworking in my opinion. What I really like is your attention to colour palette and blending it in with the build. Good work on that! The length itself felt a bit long for a medium map. The jumps are inconsistent in their difficulty - e.g. there's a neup with the piston head, a turn around a cobble wall. I'd rebalance the jumps. There is also a tendency to reuse jumps over within a short span - e.g. Ladder, water jumps in short bursts. Make sure there is a good jump variation.

(An idea would be to utilise the full build to turn it into a HARD map. You'd have much more space and could explore the build better!)

I think it's a map with great potential. Good luck with the submission!

AtePlant

ELITE
AtePlant
AtePlant
ELITE
Ratings
67 2
Hello there bud - just here to drop some feedback after testing your map. Bear in mind I am not a map judge yadi yada :)

The build itself is interesting. You've taken 2d pixel art and made it much more vibrant and pop out. I think on that aspect it's fine. The stage however is slightly bland as in it looks like quartz rectangles. Perhaps experiment with cracked walls like the reference image, or upside down stairs to create an outcrop.

The parkour will require some reworking in my opinion. What I really like is your attention to colour palette and blending it in with the build. Good work on that! The length itself felt a bit long for a medium map. The jumps are inconsistent in their difficulty - e.g. there's a neup with the piston head, a turn around a cobble wall. I'd rebalance the jumps. There is also a tendency to reuse jumps over within a short span - e.g. Ladder, water jumps in short bursts. Make sure there is a good jump variation.

(An idea would be to utilise the full build to turn it into a HARD map. You'd have much more space and could explore the build better!)

Thanks for the advice! Although I don't know how to effectively add cracks in the wall (partly because of limited building blocks and partly because of my building skills), I did make some changes in the jumps by removing some of the more drawn out sections, breaking up some of the repetitive jumps, and making some jumps easier. So it will probably stay at medium for now...

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35

this is all true! I LOVE the theme and the build is actually very cool! I agree that the parkour may need some reworking. have a great day! <3

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hello AtePlant,

I regret to inform you that your map is REJECTED.

The THEME of your map is original, so good job on that!

The BUILD of your map is a problem. Although you have added a section to the build from the last time; however, it's 3D pixel art which is not allowed and does make the build less aesthetically pleasing. I'd suggest perhaps making the background of that first image (the mountain with the pillars) to add more detail to the build.

The PARKOUR fits the length of a medium map but has an inconsistent difficulty. Please try to keep your parkour at a consistent difficulty as some jumps are too hard for a medium. Although your parkour does have variance, there still can be more. As there's not too much variation , some of your parkour is in clumps, causing it to be repetitive. Try adding more variation such as piston heads, door glitches, fences and glass panes to make the parkour more enjoyable!

Thank you for taking the time to create a map, I hope to see more submissions from you in the future. [Hayley]
If you have any questions feel free to message me on discord at Elly#5555
Elly

Status
Not open for further replies.