Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Heya @PruneJuice100 !!

Great start to your map! however, there are a few flaws within it that I shall address in this post!

Build - The build itself is a rollercoaster, it is what you see, which is the theme of the map, good start with this! You could add some more details around it, but that's more aesthetical than anything! Manacube already has a rollercoaster map [/log RollerCoaster] which is also a medium map, I would recommend trying to make your map more original with a different / spiced up theme; I shall leave that up to you to decide how to do this!

Parkour - The parkour is very repetitive in my opinion, a lot of normal full block jumps, some fences and there's one minecart jump, so a fairly decent start; although, it can be adapted on and re-built with more interesting jumps and block choices! I recommend using blocks with varying heights, such as flower pots, beds, piston blocks, and chests just to name a few! It's a good idea to look at /warp beta and get an idea of what blocks to use from newly accepted maps there!

Also, I counted roughly 85 jumps in your map, the maximum advised amount of jumps for a medium is 60, 80 is within the area of an expert map, and the jumps within your map are not up to par of that difficulty. I would recommend you rethink the jumps and the flow of the parkour itself, make it flow more with the build rather than all float midair!

Miscellaneous - I was able to find one skip that skips the entire last section of the parkour, add some barrier blocks on the section where the arrow is to fix this!
1608079036796.png

Also, try to remove access to these barrier blocks, it isn't needed and should be removed due to skipping potential!
2020-12-16_00.37.26.png

EDIT - Almost forgot; you are not using the correct submission format outlined within the submission guidelines here:
https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
The format is as follows:
  • Username
  • Map name
  • Photos of your Parkour
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane)
  • Number of jumps (Optional)
I hope my insight can be used effectively!
All the best,
Jashhy

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello PruneJuice100,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we already have a map with the same theme (RollerCoaster.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done before by going here and clicking the google doc in the thread: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is decently accurate to what you were going for; however, it is a bit plain, so I'd try adding more details throughout your build!
The parkour is somewhat varied throughout; however, it does get repetitive within a few sections, so be sure to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! The length of this map is way too long for a medium map; try to keep it around 40-60 jumps. The difficulty of your jumps is also inconsistent throughout.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.