2020-08-29_21.42.23.png
2020-08-29_21.43.20.png
2020-08-29_21.43.39 - Copy.png
2020-08-29_21.43.39.png

Acidic_fire
Ruins
plot 1
hard, (86 jumps)
also this is my first attempt so if the checkpoints in the wrong place or some jumps are of just tell me and ill change it. The course also gets harder as it goes on. Can build extra if necessary.

Last edited:

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Acidic_fire,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have our fair share of Ruins/Stone-related maps currently on our server, this is a pretty unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. The main issue is that I see no central build that conveys your theme. It's just a bunch of scattered stone pillars with a poorly made dome at the end. If anything, the parkour comprises more of your build than the build itself. And, we don't want to see that. We want you to create a central build that really captivates the player through its proper portrayal of your theme. And, the floating parkour just makes it look messy.
  • Parkour: The parkour's length and difficulty do fit the hard difficulty, although it was a little longer and easier than expected. But, there was a major problem: lack of variety. Your parkour was very repetitive due to the consecutive and repeated uses of the same block/jumps throughout your map. It was just a bunch of basic stone/stone slab jumps for a big portion of your map and then you have a solely-cobblestone wall segment at the end. This isn't fun to do. You need to be more creative!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.