caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Let me preface this by saying I built far into this map without knowing a medium map named Autoturret exists, however I have no doubts that my interpretation of the turret and the parkour surrounding the build far exceed the other map.

If you think the bottom of the map is boring and could have more depth or detailing, I would have to disagree. The base of the Turret is half of a rusty barrel crudely placed onto three legs. I spent some time trying to get the color just right, because I wanted it to look as close to a piece of metal rusting as possible. The inside of the base only holds the legs because that is all it is meant to hold. It is 100% accurate to the in game model from Rust.

If you doubt any part of the top map, I will assure you I spent a lot of time detailing the curved sheet metal to look as it does in game, including the added detail of yellow spray paint. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the very good looking assault rifle that sits inside of the container. The AK itself has a orange shovel handle as it is crudely being held together, and for smaller details there is a smile head on the right side of the gun. The brownish mount part isn't 100% accurate in color, but I chose to make it a rusted brown because I think it incorporates better with the colors I am given in Minecraft.

If you believe the parkour needs tweaking at all, I will take your criticism, but I would like to remind you that this map has mostly short skill oriented checkpoints. I don't believe that any CP is too hard, and the hard jumps are forgiving with fail safes and checkpoints in place.

Without further ado, I present to you RustTurret.

RustTurret
Insane
13 Checkpoints
90 Jumps
Build by caseyclosed, Parkour by Xniper03

./plot v caseyclosed 24, behind is the start of the map
Beauty in an Image.png

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
Although there is the issue of the theme already existing I believe that this massively outshines it. You have clearly spent a lot more effort on the build itself and the parkour quality is superior to that of the medium map. You have really blown it out of the water with this one. RIDE OR DIE BABY!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Casey,

Your map has now been put in ONGOING. I've judged your map personally and it is now currently in the process of being judged by our Map Judge team. You can expect an answer in the coming days! Thank you for your patience.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Casey and Xniper,

I'm glad I'm able to tell you that your map has been ACCEPTED!
  • Theme: Although we do have a map similar in theme to this one called "AutoTurret," we did not think the resemblance was close enough to reject your map. These two maps are most definitely different enough.
  • Build: The build definitely does blow "AutoTurret" out of the water! It's honestly a very pretty sight to look at and I'm glad you went through with submitting it. It'd be an incredible shame if we were to ignore the effort that went into building something so pretty and accurate.
  • Parkour: The parkour was fitting for the insane difficulty in both length and difficulty. Furthermore, I found the CPs to be hard, forgiving, and fun. That's all that I'm lookin' for! It was damn spotless, only needing some signs to be added here n' there. Great job!
I hope to see many more map submissions from you guys in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.