Rejected Samus - Hard or Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
  • Username: Quazjinx
  • Map name: Samus
  • Warp command: /plot v quazjinx
  • Difficulty: Hard or Expert
  • ~56 jumps (Of which multiple are difficult)
  • 2020-06-30_00.24.56.png
    2020-06-30_00.20.45.png
    2020-06-30_00.20.37.png

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Quazjinx,

I regret to tell you this map is being rejected. The theme is original, there are no Samus maps. But the build could be improved. I really like the unique pose you chose, but the build feels a bit choppy and unpolished, especially with how spherical the shoulders are. It looks very worldedited and not smoothed out.
The parkour is extremely unbalanced. There are jumps on this map that are reserved only for insane maps, and some are overly hard that suit an expert fine, but definitely not a hard. There are some jumps on this map that don't have the proper setups to do them correctly regardless of the difficulty (such as the triple neo at the end). It's also extremely repetitive and there is little to no variation in the parkour. Try to use a lot of different blocks to make sure your map is unique and fun to play.
The first section of the map doesn't really feel like parkour, it feels like I am climbing rather than doing parkour. It's also annoying to find where to go, as there are a lot of excessive, unmarked barriers that make it difficult to navigate the course, because normal players are unable to see barriers in the main parkour world. In addition, the few directional signs that are on the map are placed strangely, and aren't very helpful in the places where a player may need direction. Try to get some people to test your map, so that they can help you with placing these signs. The length of the map suits a hard map.
I will say that it is best to build maps with a difficulty in mind as you go, or you risk your parkour being out of balance with what you were aiming for, or finding yourself caught in between difficulties. I feel like this build is sizable enough for an expert map, but you didn't utilize the space very well and made some floating parkour at the end, which makes the build look a bit messy.

Thanks for submitting this map! If you have any further questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.