Rejected Sea Of Thieves: Maiden Voyage (Submission)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: SkittleezzZz

Map name: Maiden Voyage (Sea Of Thieves),

Difficulty: Hard,

Number of jumps: 80,

Plot ID: -16:107,

Pictures:

Attachments

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
As I said on a previous submission, please make sure to follow the submission guidelines/requirements.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I don't understand I have followed all of the requirements:
(BTW the signs are on the ship :) )
You should have one main build, not multiple small builds floating, and the parkour should be on/in the build, not floating in the sky between them.

Ratings
You should have one main build, not multiple small builds floating, and the parkour should be on/in the build, not floating in the sky between them.
Here are the requirements
Requirements:
  • Put checkpoints on the map with signs
  • It must not be extremely wide (Above 120 blocks wide is not allowed)(It might interfere with other courses)
  • Preferably made in a void environment
  • Preferably a themed parkour (Not just random blocks)
  • You can have pixel art as long as it's not the majority of the map'
  • Have the name of your map on a sign at the beginning
  • No shortcuts that shorten the length of the map by a lot
  • Do not build a part of your parkour 35 blocks under the start of your map, the parkour could mess up with the tp blocks in normal mode
  • What you must state in your submission:
    - Post nice screenshots of the map
    - Tell us what difficulty you think the course is, (we will test it to double check)
    - Information about who built the course.
    - The username of the plot it was built on (Map Maker World//Preferred)
  • --------------------------------------------

As you can see That is not stated in the requirements from the server owner

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Having one big build rather than multiple smaller builds isn't a requirement but many submissions get denied because of it. Having many small builds causes it to look messy. The parkour when its floating around also makes it look messy. This is why most maps that are added now have one main build that represents the theme with parkour incorporated into it rather than floating all around it!

However, this doesn't mean it will automatically be denied. It just means that it'll be harder for it to get accepted.

Anyways, good luck!!

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I can see there is no point in helping you to get your original theme accepted. Good luck in the future.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey SkittleezzZz,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have no maps related to the game "Sea of Thieves", this is most definitely an originally themed map submission. Good job on picking out something that hasn't been done before!
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. Partially due to the fact that you didn't portray your theme properly. It's just a bunch of different builds all grouped together. There's no cohesion between them and much less a central build. When building your map, you want to create a central build(s) that exemplify your theme. What you have done here is just messy and cluttered. Furthermore, the actual components themselves were poorly made (they could definitely be refined through better shaping and detailing) and the floating parkour hurts the build's attractiveness even more.
  • Parkour: I don't think the parkour is difficult enough for the hard difficulty, albeit long enough for one. It felt like a harder medium if anything. I'd recommend buffing the pk as a whole as the only "difficult" jumps were some neo's here and there. But, the parkour had another major issue: repetitiveness. You used the same jump consecutively one too many times or throughout the map. Be it the back to back wool or ladder segment inside the skull or the solely identical gold block jumps in the treasure chest. It just got boring to do, if I'm being honest. Try to be more creative when making parkour for your build, don't be afraid to experiment!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.