Dedicated Member
PATRON
Triece
Triece
Patron
Ratings
101 6
Greetings Cubers and Happy Holidays,

As many of you know, we are approaching the 1 year mark on this KitPvP season, meaning it is time to look at the good and the bad this season brought and prepare for the future. This thread will include suggestions and fixes to make the next season, whenever that is, better than before. So feel free to post your own ideas and debate with what I have to say, as well as what others have to say. Just remember to be civil.

The Map
As much as we love the current map, it is time for something fresh. This map has been in place since February of 2020, there have been some changes to the map like: replacing what was void around the entirety of the map with mountains and borders, two new koths, reopening the tunnels with a smaller void area, changing the ocean into glass, and replacing construction with a clock tower and dragon. While some of these changes were great, overall we are due for a fresh map. A new map should be similar in size, not much smaller and not much larger, as the size of the current map felt perfect in terms of exploration and pvping.

Manaray Anticheat
The improvements to the anticheat has been the biggest positive over the last 2 years. What used to be a joke, is now seriously one of the better anticheats across the 1.8 pvp communities. We applaud CullanP and the rest of the staff team's work in this regard.

Kits
The kits have not changed much over the last 3 years. What is now daily kit with the punch 2 bow used to be a weekly kit, which was a nice change because I think we prefer the daily kit. We would like to see more creativity in this aspect, such as adding more kits obtainable through the black market, reworking the cooldowns, a monthly kit, and perhaps a kit that rewards playtime.

Mana & Achievements
This is something that needs to be addressed. Obtaining mana is really only accessible through three ways - Killstreaks, Fishing, and crates. Achievements used to grant mana as rewards but was disabled back in Season 11 due to players abusing one specific achievement that made it very easy to make money very fast. We would like to see new ways to achieve mana and achievements would be an obvious answer. Fix that issue that happened in Season 11 and there should be no problem moving forward. Another suggestion would be to re-enable coinflipping mana, this plugin already exists and is advertised in the cf command but has been disabled for, I don't even know how long.

Duels
Another huge success from this season was the addition of the personal kit duel, allowing players to duel with their own inventory. This was insanely popular this season and was much needed. Recently, new duel arenas were added, which is something we like to see. Some of the arenas have too much terrain or too little terrain, I think just adding variety is the key. The main issue with duels is that when you send a wager duel to someone, the wager amount will not track the first time you send it and will send as a free duel. We'd like to see this issue resolved and then the next step to make duels better would be to add inventory view after a duel is over. Another feature that has been on kitpvp for a long time but has never been enabled has been betting items in duels, this could potentially be nice to have but would need a GUI that clearly displays the items being bet, almost like the trade system, to avoid any sort of scamming in duels.

Arenas
Not too many complaints about arenas, allowing custom kits in arenas was very popular and will continue to be used by players. There is an arena settings module in the GUI that has said coming soon for the entire season, I'm not sure what the idea with that was but please do something about it. Then the only other issue I can think of is that fishing rods are disabled in arenas. Obviously, we do not want to allow players to be able to fish for rewards in the safety of their own arena with no inventory loss, but rods are a key aspect of the pvp style on this server and we would like to see a fix around this. I think the obvious way to fix this would be to make fishing rewards only enabled in the main world, and disable it in arenas so that fishing rods can still be used for pvp.

Pearls
The most frustrating thing on this server is getting that message that your pearl landed in an unsafe location. This happens due to pearls landing on slabs or leaf blocks. In this scenario, I think the easiest solution is to refund that pearl and reset your pearl cooldown, and this is a must needed fix for the future.

Shop + Prices
The shop has not seen much change at all over the last couple years, you can still buy some useless items like a Flint and Steel, a boat, night vision, and bones. Remove these because they literally do nothing. Next, the shop prices need reworking. Various items like pearls, soup, speed, fire resistance, and debuffs are too expensive and need to be slightly cheaper to balance out the economy. While the shops around the map are nice easter eggs, we miss being able to use the /shopgui commands to buy certain items. One solution would be to just have one shop with all these items minus the useless ones.

Killstreaks
Not talking about the mana recieved from killstreaks, but the actual grind for killstreaks has diminished over the last 2 years. I think this is due to the fact that there is not a leaderboard for killstreaks anymore and when you press tab, it no longer displays who has the biggest killstreak online. Kitpvp was more fun when people cared about their killstreak, when you would want to hunt someone because they had a huge killstreak and it became a challenge killing that player. My next section will get into how this can be brought back, other than adding killstreaks back to leaderboards.

Grinding
Kitpvp players need something to grind for. Obviously we cannot have paypal rewards like factions used to have, but cubit rewards should (need) be incorporated into different aspect of the server such as: Squad top kills, personal kills, killstreaks, and tournaments. I was told that there is a tournament plugin on factions, this is something that would be nice to have on kitpvp. Many players would enjoy participating in a bracket style tournament. Rewards can include Cubits, SVA's, Ranks, Titles, Keys, etc. These tournaments could be 1v1's or squad team fights. Nonetheless, players need better reasons to grind on this server. You don't see people grinding killstreaks or actively competing for squad top anymore, which is something that was good about the previous seasons.

Squads
Add new stuff to squads such as: upgradeable perks like a larger squad vault, squad officers that can invite and kick members, an option for the leader to lock the squad vault, larger squad limit or allies. Squads are the most important part of this server, it is difficult to play this server without a squad as it is what makes this server competitive. So, incorporating new things to squads would be beneficial.

Coinflipping
People love coinflipping on the server, for some people it's all they do. I think the biggest improvement on coinflipping was taking away the tax. This should stay as tax-free. One suggestion could be to add item coinflipping, this is something that I've seen on other servers and it's been very popular there, so why not on manacube where we have items like SVA's that hold great worth, and a community that loves to coinflip.

Server Performance
An obvious topic that players have complained about for years. I don't know what needs to be done whether it is upgrading the server host, allocating more RAM to kitpvp, or whatever, but clearly this is something that is going to need more work. Some of the biggest issues this season has been getting block stuck, server-sided lag outs, and getting kicked to the hub and dying in combat.

This thread is getting pretty long so I will end it and open it up for discussion. If there is one thing I know about the kitpvp community is that we want our voices to be heard more by the staff, (as well as more staff devoted to kitpvp) so bringing back the KitPvP Community Suggestions discord would be very beneficial for both parties in creating a successful new season. Cheers.

Triece

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Triece
Triece
Patron
Ratings
101 6
Amen triece. #unbanall

Not only cheaters this time but the ones with evading bans also…
At the beginning of this season there was an unban all for cheating bans, I could see them doing this again in the future due to the well deserved faith in the anticheat. In terms of evading bans, this could be a possibility if the original ban was for something like cheating. But this would not happen with permanent bans for reasons worse than cheating.

Ratings
2 2
I understand what youre saying, I hope they will do a unbanall for evaders with a history with cheating and a originally ban with cheating…

Ratings
2 2
Well we started with 2 now in the last 3-6 months we were recruiting/getting new decent players for our squad on different servers, I don’t know if they will be playing on manacube all 6 cuz they don’t really like/play soup PvP but we will work on that when unbanned