Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
So I've seen way too many new members join 40 minutes before they submit an application that lacks detail, does not exceed 700 words, and their age is 10.

My suggestion: Instead of having a forum post that many people will end up skipping because they think they can pass anyway, there is an entirely different website that you go to that you can scroll down and read, and at the end to go back to making an application, you write the things you need to do down and the website approves it or kicks you from the process, and you're back at the regular forum. It's the only way I can think of making staff applications secure and trustworthy lol

Any ideas you have about making it so these people can't make these applications without reading the requirements, I'd love to hear them!

Acid

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
I don't think there is really much of a problem with the method they're using.
I think that if you really want to be staff, you should be able to find and read the requirements before applying, even if they're not super easy to find. The applicants that don't approach qualified will always get denied. There is no real reason to even interact with those applications. The helper management people use a template and basically copy paste each response of theirs; it takes no time at all.
I do see how a partially automatic system could be helpful though. However, with the relatively little quantity of applicants, I just don't think its worth the amount of work needed to make it.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
I was thinking one time, like why not just make it so the button appears after you get 20 forum post.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
The staff application process is very secure. If an applicant doesn't meet the requirements or didn't even read them, their application will clearly be rejected.

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
If they're stupid enough to not take a look at the post named REQUIREMENTS right under the Apply Now button they shouldn't be a staff member.

Marine

ELITE
littlesussyking
littlesussyking
ELITE
Ratings
From my own experience, the requirements section is super simple to find, especially for someone who wants to apply, as they should already know their way around the forums. Almost all applications that don't meet these requirements are denied and deleted quickly, but I do think they should have the button only appear with at least 700 words.

falconcat2000

Dedicated Member
VIP+
oHungry
oHungry
VIP+
Ratings
47 2
i mean if they dont meet requirements they cant really be accepted

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
i mean if they dont meet requirements they cant really be accepted
Not really true.
I've noticed that the requirements are more of general recommendations than requirements.
There are MANY staff that do not meet all of the requirements but because they are proficient in another area, they are staff. And then over time, many staff fail to meet the continuous activity requirements but they are kept staff for whatever reason.

falconcat2000

Dedicated Member
VIP+
oHungry
oHungry
VIP+
Ratings
47 2
Not really true.
I've noticed that the requirements are more of general recommendations than requirements.
There are MANY staff that do not meet all of the requirements but because they are proficient in another area, they are staff. And then over time, many staff fail to meet the continuous activity requirements but they are kept staff for whatever reason.
hmm. i guess they should secure applicitations then

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Agreed

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
From what I know of the staff application process, it is already a very secure procedure. Ranged and Christian can easily post a rejection comment on appeals that clearly don't meet most of the requirements, and it is very obvious if a person hasn't looked at the requirement page before creating an application. Your suggestion may be beneficial later, when Manacube grows even more, but as for now it works, and it works well imo :)

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
As Pesto says above, Christian and Ranged can easily post a message on any thread that lacks requirements/details. It would take them around two to three minutes for a batch of five if all of them were heavily under-detailed. It's a good idea, however, I don't believe it should be implemented in the application process; perhaps they could create another checkbox at the bottom making sure the applicant has read and understands the Helper Application requirements.

All in all, it's good enough for the current application process & community size.
Jashhy