Swrds

Admin | Content Developer
Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
644 7
So today on skyblock, sell chests now have a 30 day duration, and after that i assume they’re rendered useless. i think this is global as I know this is a survival feature as well. I understand why this change was made but i think a lot of players are very mad about this. My team alone have bought multiple sell chests from the cubit shop, thinking that it’s a great investment and they will last the whole season. Now they are totally useless to us after 30 days and we’ve potentially ‘wasted’ our money.
The only way to get any form of sell chest is now from a legendary key, which is a 5% chance. But we now can’t buy legendary keys. The only way to get a leg key is from an ancient key, which again is only a 5% chance. This means you have a 0.0025% chance of getting a sell I chest when buying an ancient key… So we’d need to essentially open 400 ancient keys to ensure we get ONE sell chest. Ancient keys are $3, therefore, in theory, it will cost $1200 per sell I chest.

I think a repair system should be introduced for sell chests, similar to the spawner repair system in Olympus. Where players can either spend in game money or cubits to repair their sell chest. This way the chests aren’t infinite, but people aren’t wasting their money on these chests, as I know multiple players that are debating quitting due to these changes. If the change was made to increase player time, maybe sell chests could have a 7 day duration, and can be repaired with resources (500 x [times repaired +1]) and in game money (1m x [times repaired +1])

I think this needs to be changed, as I said above, players aren’t happy that their money is being wasted.

I don’t think the duration system is bad as such, as 100% infinite sell chests are very overpowered. But having to spend $1200 per chest every month is extortionate

ixr0n

ELITE
ixr0n
ixr0n
ELITE
"i assume they’re rendered useless"

Pick up the chest and place it back down. The timer resets.

KevGOtt

ELITE
KevGott
KevGott
ELITE
Ratings
I totally agree. Good Post!
A repair system would be cool to see. so people cant just afk all day long. They would have to login and refuel the chests!

xKazooie

ELITE
ixKaz
ixKaz
ELITE
Ratings
Great post Swrds! Hope the owners / admins see this and make the necessary changes after such a pointless implementation of expiry date. Ingame sell chests aren’t Bread or milk bought from the grocery store, doesn’t need an expiry date!

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,323 82
Hello!

First of all, I would like to thank you for bringing your suggestion to the community, as I believe a lot of people are quite upset by this change. I absolutely love the idea of implementing the repair system to the auto-sell chests, if a duration is absolutely staying.

I think this is a very creative solution, and would love to see this implemented. Although it is a little frustrating, nothing is set in stone! Asgard used to have the same spawner repair system as Olympus, but that was removed so they work infinitely - so it’s very likely they may remove the duration on sell chests.

In any case, hopefully a solution is reached that pleases the community.
Have a nice day/night!

Swrds

Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
644 7
I also play Atlas (Olympus) and I know that many players weren’t happy with the spawner repair system as it can be quite annoying trying to keep up with it. However Skyblock is very crop/spawner orientated as we don’t have the mines that Prisons have to earn money. I think a repair system would work very well in Skyblock and it seems like a good compromise between no duration and this new 30 day one. It would be cool to see maybe a harvester hoe repair system too tbh, spending resources on extra harvests for your hoe. I know that Factions have some form of this, not totally sure how it works though

SirJaustin

PATRON
Angerfish
Angerfish
Patron
Ratings
they should just either make everything cost 1000$ or just stop changing this shit its fucking bullshit that you have to gamble for sellchest and you give them a shitty duration what will result in the server being even more p2w then it already was like does no one think about this shit when they implement it and just think random bullshit go i thought the changes on mineville were ridiculous but this is even worse. all this change will do is just make players quit and dont buy shit anymore

Xenator29

PATRON
Xenator29
Xenator29
Patron
Ratings
If chests truly do destroy themselves after all my chests are gone I probably will end up quitting tbh. I’m not going to try to gamble to get more and I don’t want to build a 100 big chest system then have to sell it every few hours. I feel this will not be an unpopular opinion so chests should go back to the way they were and manacube needs to chill on all the p2w changes they are making before the whole player base quits.

karoleee

ELITE
Karoleee
Karoleee
ELITE
Ratings
27 2
taking everything away from us little by little, give it a few months and ull have to pay a subscribtion to even play the stupid game

ssnek_

ELITE
ssnek_
ssnek_
ELITE
Ratings
26 1
I gave up on Skyblock this season as soon as they removed such items from the cubit shop. I didn't work for $1000s of cubits and GCs to only be able to spend them on keys, upgrades that are removed the following season, and 9 year old titles. ([Trump 2012], lmao)

Does this expiration apply to sell chests on their own, as well as sell chests inside minions? Regardless, i think we also need a way to upgrade the item limit minions can have. With a full stack of spawners, you hit 100k items very quick. I just recently learned there's a minion cap per Island (on Islands at least,) otherwise I wasn't too turned off by having to manually collect from them.

Skyblock has been out for @11 days and look how much they have changed or removed after the launch for the worst. Who is asking for this shit? I hate being negative, but I think this is only the beginning. I wish you all the energy to continuously fighting for your rights and keeping Skyblock enjoyable. For once I hope they DO forget about us on Islands and leave us alone over there...

Swrds

Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
644 7
Does this expiration apply to sell chests on their own, as well as sell chests inside minions? Regardless, i think we also need a way to upgrade the item limit minions can have. With a full stack of spawners, you hit 100k items very quick. I just recently learned there's a minion cap per Island (on Islands at least,) otherwise I wasn't too turned off by having to manually collect from them.
I dont use minions but i’m sure the sell chests duration inside minions probably work the same as when placed (whenever it’s active the timer goes down), i’ll have to check though.

Skyblock has been out for @11 days and look how much they have changed or removed after the launch for the worst. Who is asking for this shit? I hate being negative, but I think this is only the beginning. I wish you all the energy to continuously fighting for your rights and keeping Skyblock enjoyable. For once I hope they DO forget about us on Islands and leave us alone over there...
tbh, i understand why they’re making the changes that they’re making, the economy was very flawed, specifically with bamboo and cactus, and they’re only trying to stop major inflation so early on. I dont agree with the removal of items from cubit shop and not being able to buy leg keys anymore, people are saying it’s a ‘cash grab’ or whatever, but they’re losing out on money due to it as people arent going to buy hundreds of ancient keys in the hope that they’ll get a few leg keys

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Islands have a sell chest duration by the end of the week, if they haven’t got it already

Last edited:

StopDebuffing

ELITE
StopDebuffing
StopDebuffing
ELITE
Ratings
22 1
I understand how minecraft servers are generally just a dictatorship, and changes are made that players find annoying, but this is unacceptable. Players spent 25 cubits per chest and there was never even a official mention of any type of duration or limitation on how long you could use them. Yall screwed over anyone who had purchased them because they thought they would be permanent, after Pizza said the map would last months. I agree that they can be very powerful, but they have the price tag to match their value.

All this nerf accomplished was to hurt new players, and players who aren't "rich" yet. A whole month will still provide tremendous value. The issue isn't that a month is too short to make value off it, the issue is that mid season you guys are changing thing after thing on us, and you made people waste $100s on chests that they will lose in only 30d.

The idea to add repairing is better than nothing, and I support it if they don't remove the timer on chests. It'll at least he'll the people who got ripped off by buying the chests not feel as bad about it. But seriously, stop trying to mess with the eco every other day.. first it was bamboo nerf, then Cactus buff.. into a Cactus and bamboo nerf again, ig buff, minion buff, and now a sell chest nerf. These are the types of changes you make BEFORE a map where it won't just screw over players.

#SaveTheChests ;-;

Swrds

Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
644 7
All this nerf accomplished was to hurt new players, and players who aren't "rich" yet
But seriously, stop trying to mess with the eco every other day.. first it was bamboo nerf, then Cactus buff.. into a Cactus and bamboo nerf again, ig buff, minion buff, and now a sell chest nerf.
These items were nerfed due to economy imbalance. Staff don’t want to upset us, they want to make the server enjoyable, and thus they need to prevent mass inflation. The bamboo growth height and speed specifically were just slight oversights and have been reduced with our best interests in mind. Personally I think beta test phases should be longer, but that’s a whole other story lmao there’s no need to get into it here

#SaveTheChests but also let’s not annoy the staff, they’re doing everything they can to make Manacube fun for us, so we should all show them respect in return <3

StopDebuffing

ELITE
StopDebuffing
StopDebuffing
ELITE
Ratings
22 1
They could have souls repair them, it would promote less afk since there would be a need to farm spider's. They could have a little purchase button directly inside the chest to repair, or they could add a item on the soul shop. Adding an item would also be a good way for the people who grind all day to make money. (I think they should be pretty damn expensive)

Swrds

Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
644 7
They could have souls repair them, it would promote less afk since there would be a need to farm spider's. They could have a little purchase button directly inside the chest to repair, or they could add a item on the soul shop. Adding an item would also be a good way for the people who grind all day to make money. (I think they should be pretty damn expensive)
Resources would be a good item to spend on repairing sell chests, as they currently don’t really have a use (they were supposed to pay for build mode but you now get charged $ instead). A combination of resources and money would be balanced, with the price increasing as you repair each chest more
Repair price:
Resources (500 x [times repaired +1])
In game money (1m x [times repaired +1])

So for example, the first repair will cost $1m and 500 resources, and the 50th repair will cost $50m and 25k resources