Server-wide and Survival Suggestions

Iamstingrae

QA Team
iAmStingRae
iAmStingRae
QA Team
Ratings
Hey everyone!
I will apologize right away by saying this is going to be a bit of a long post. I have been talking with people and gathering ideas for the upcoming Survival reset, and we hope our ideas will be heard. We understand not everything can be implemented immediately, but hopefully they will be taken into consideration in the future. Much of this is Survival specific but could potentially apply to other game modes. There are also a few server-wide suggestions. This list was created from suggestions by myself, L0rd_GrIm, and Bungee.

• Improved communication between server/staff and players
    • Countless times something has been nerfed/buffed/changed in some way and either no one is told, or the few players online at the time know about it and pass along the information
    • I personally have made bug reports either by ticket or in #issues only to be told “this is a known problem”
    • Recently, tasks/quests get changed and progress is lost for the players that already completed them
      • My suggestion is for staff to utilize #updates for ALL changes
      • Create a space for “known issues” that players can see, preferably with an expected timeline on when it will be resolved, or at least a priority ranking - this would likely decrease the number of bug tickets and issue reports
  • Reinstated QA team
    • I personally believe the server could benefit from a team of trusted, active players that can help with beta/bug testing of game modes and events. Having representatives from all game modes and play styles that could work alongside staff to make sure everything runs smoothly before release would improve player experience and satisfaction upon release
  • Rebalance Survival Economy (again)
    • I would love to see a change in the way the economy works. The seasons get long and boring when the main goal is to build the biggest possible afk spawner farms. Yes, I am aware that afk accounts make the server look good because of “player numbers”, but it doesn’t take a new player long to realize that not many people are actually playing mid to late season.
      • I would love to see an economic balance that requires some other sort of way to make money that ANYONE can do whether or not they have alt accounts. I honestly don’t have a solid suggestion here, but I love grindy tasks and would be happy to make money this way too.
      • Make other spawner mob drops more viable and take the focus off of ig spawner economy.
  • Improve Task System
    • The change from the daily quests to task was a nice update, but I do think it has a few flaws and could be better
      • Remove the cubit requirement to skip tasks - no one would intentionally pay to do that. Change it to paying in game money/mana/souls
      • Add a reward for maintaining streaks - right now there is no purpose to it, therefore just another reason no one is going to pay to skip tasks
      • Update task rewards - they are mediocre at best. Maybe have them scale as the season progresses or improve as streak increases
  • Fully revamp Isles
    • There were minor reworks between seasons 7 and 8, but they have become stale now. New mobs with new drops would be ideal.
    • Revert the isle ores so they don't turn into bedrock since it slows the tasks/quests down and it causes glitches with netherwart in Morend for example. Not sure why this was changed so the blocks turn to bedrock.
  • Add Challenges to Survival
    • Skyblock has multiple challenges that allow players to grind for sva items such as the Heroic Armor set. Survival players thought we would get them too when we had our reset last year, and were disappointed to get only the same boss challenge we had the previous season. Again, this is something that gives purpose for players to be active.
  • Add Cosmetic Slots
    • I would love to be able to wear wardrobe items along with my armor. We are able to wear some, but I would love to be able to utilize my hats as well.
      • Add in a plug-in that allows armor and any wardrobe type to be worn simultaneously (if this is possible)
  • Improve Mana Pond Experience
    • I, like many players, am not a huge fan of manapond. Personally, my biggest struggle is that so many people are so good at it that it is difficult to catch anything. I’m not going to complain about removing the pond tasks, but instead have a suggestion.
      • I would love to see a tiered pond system. Something like Beginner/Pro/Master - or some such naming system. Once a player reaches a certain number of catches they would upgrade to the next level of pond, and they would not be able to access the lower level pond anymore. Each pond would increase in difficulty but would improve on what could be caught.
  • Leaderboard Rewards
    • As things are right now, there is no motivation, other than bragging rights, to try to be on the top of any of the leaderboards. I believe if there was an incentive, players would actively grind more and the server would stay busier as the season comes close to the end.
      • Either reinstate season legends trophies, or create a new reward like a title/pin/exclusive chatcolor/glow
  • Seasonal Events
    • I really appreciate this addition this season. The events have been really nice but they grow old quickly. The Spring pass added more purpose and I would love to see more things like this that rewards players for logging on daily to do certain tasks for rewards.
    • Possibly run the events for a shorter amount of time so they don’t get boring and the items gained seem a little more exclusive.
  • Update Rank Kits
    • These are old and outdated and aren’t really worth even claiming for the most part. Possibly adding more CEs since they are useful and are only available in the mvp+ kit
      Something like this along with other items:
      • VIP: 1-2 common book
      • VIP:+ 1-2 uncommon books
      • MVP: 1-2 uncommon + 1-2 common
      • MVP:+ 1 legendary
      • Elite: 1-2 Legendary
  • Update Survival Party Quests
    • These haven’t changed in multiple seasons
  • Add more slots to the /filter perk
  • Make Mythical keys more obtainable and remove spawners as rewards from them
  • Increase the number of Season Vaults allowed per account
    • The change to 5 was nice, but some players need more and would be will to pay for the convenience of having all of their svas on one account
  • Increase Sell Shop sign capacity
    • Players that have sell shops, especially those that sell artmaps, struggle due to this limitation. Either make more available or make it so players can buy more slots. (This need has increased with players being able to access art from previous seasons).
  • Update LPS
    • Update LPS rewards 10k will get players nothing at least up it to 100k and introduce SLPS/Super LPS where it gives 1-10 mil and make it happen once or twice a day.
  • Make PVP great again
    • I know this is a topic that has much controversy behind it and has been addressed in other posts, but from what I’ve seen most players are not happy with PVP being a “no-drop” zone. As far as I know, not many players utilize the Abyss or Burninglands for pvp. The “pit” has always been an iconic place to hang-out and most players enjoy pvp there even if their only reward for winning is “junk” drops.

Overall, I think it’s important to find ways to engage players throughout the whole season. I have heard multiple people say that seasons should be shorter. I understand this may not be possible due to all of the behind the scenes stuff that goes into updating every game mode, but seasons become stale and player base drops between 6-9 months into the season. Increasing drops/rewards throughout the season and continuing to improve Seasonal events would definitely help.
If you made it this far into the post - I thank you for your time! Feel free to add ideas and comments to this post.

EndTheLag

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
EndTheLagg
EndTheLagg
Patron+
Ratings
102 14
Hey everyone!
I will apologize right away by saying this is going to be a bit of a long post. I have been talking with people and gathering ideas for the upcoming Survival reset, and we hope our ideas will be heard. We understand not everything can be implemented immediately, but hopefully they will be taken into consideration in the future. Much of this is Survival specific but could potentially apply to other game modes. There are also a few server-wide suggestions. This list was created from suggestions by myself, L0rd_GrIm, and Bungee.

• Countless times something has been nerfed/buffed/changed in some way and either no one is told, or the few players online at the time know about it and pass along the information
    • I personally have made bug reports either by ticket or in #issues only to be told “this is a known problem”
    • Recently, tasks/quests get changed and progress is lost for the players that already completed them
      • Create a space for “known issues” that players can see, preferably with an expected timeline on when it will be resolved, or at least a priority ranking - this would likely decrease the number of bug tickets and issue reports
  • Reinstated QA team
    • I personally believe the server could benefit from a team of trusted, active players that can help with beta/bug testing of game modes and events. Having representatives from all game modes and play styles that could work alongside staff to make sure everything runs smoothly before release would improve player experience and satisfaction upon release
    • I would love to see a change in the way the economy works. The seasons get long and boring when the main goal is to build the biggest possible afk spawner farms. Yes, I am aware that afk accounts make the server look good because of “player numbers”, but it doesn’t take a new player long to realize that not many people are actually playing mid to late season.
      • I would love to see an economic balance that requires some other sort of way to make money that ANYONE can do whether or not they have alt accounts. I honestly don’t have a solid suggestion here, but I love grindy tasks and would be happy to make money this way too.
      • Make other spawner mob drops more viable and take the focus off of ig spawner economy.
  • Improve Task System
    • The change from the daily quests to task was a nice update, but I do think it has a few flaws and could be better
      • Remove the cubit requirement to skip tasks - no one would intentionally pay to do that. Change it to paying in game money/mana/souls
      • Add a reward for maintaining streaks - right now there is no purpose to it, therefore just another reason no one is going to pay to skip tasks
      • Update task rewards - they are mediocre at best. Maybe have them scale as the season progresses or improve as streak increases
  • Fully revamp Isles
    • There were minor reworks between seasons 7 and 8, but they have become stale now. New mobs with new drops would be ideal.
    • Revert the isle ores so they don't turn into bedrock since it slows the tasks/quests down and it causes glitches with netherwart in Morend for example. Not sure why this was changed so the blocks turn to bedrock.
    • Skyblock has multiple challenges that allow players to grind for sva items such as the Heroic Armor set. Survival players thought we would get them too when we had our reset last year, and were disappointed to get only the same boss challenge we had the previous season. Again, this is something that gives purpose for players to be active.
  • Add Cosmetic Slots
    • I would love to be able to wear wardrobe items along with my armor. We are able to wear some, but I would love to be able to utilize my hats as well.
      • Add in a plug-in that allows armor and any wardrobe type to be worn simultaneously (if this is possible)
    • I, like many players, am not a huge fan of manapond. Personally, my biggest struggle is that so many people are so good at it that it is difficult to catch anything. I’m not going to complain about removing the pond tasks, but instead have a suggestion.
      • I would love to see a tiered pond system. Something like Beginner/Pro/Master - or some such naming system. Once a player reaches a certain number of catches they would upgrade to the next level of pond, and they would not be able to access the lower level pond anymore. Each pond would increase in difficulty but would improve on what could be caught.
  • Leaderboard Rewards
    • As things are right now, there is no motivation, other than bragging rights, to try to be on the top of any of the leaderboards. I believe if there was an incentive, players would actively grind more and the server would stay busier as the season comes close to the end.
      • Either reinstate season legends trophies, or create a new reward like a title/pin/exclusive chatcolor/glow
  • Seasonal Events
    • I really appreciate this addition this season. The events have been really nice but they grow old quickly. The Spring pass added more purpose and I would love to see more things like this that rewards players for logging on daily to do certain tasks for rewards.
    • Possibly run the events for a shorter amount of time so they don’t get boring and the items gained seem a little more exclusive.
  • Update Rank Kits
    • These are old and outdated and aren’t really worth even claiming for the most part. Possibly adding more CEs since they are useful and are only available in the mvp+ kit
    • The change to 5 was nice, but some players need more and would be will to pay for the convenience of having all of their svas on one account
    • Players that have sell shops, especially those that sell artmaps, struggle due to this limitation. Either make more available or make it so players can buy more slots. (This need has increased with players being able to access art from previous seasons).
  • Update LPS
    • Update LPS rewards 10k will get players nothing at least up it to 100k and introduce SLPS/Super LPS where it gives 1-10 mil and make it happen once or twice a day.
  • Make PVP great again
    • I know this is a topic that has much controversy behind it and has been addressed in other posts, but from what I’ve seen most players are not happy with PVP being a “no-drop” zone. As far as I know, not many players utilize the Abyss or Burninglands for pvp. The “pit” has always been an iconic place to hang-out and most players enjoy pvp there even if their only reward for winning is “junk” drops.

Overall, I think it’s important to find ways to engage players throughout the whole season. I have heard multiple people say that seasons should be shorter. I understand this may not be possible due to all of the behind the scenes stuff that goes into updating every game mode, but seasons become stale and player base drops between 6-9 months into the season. Increasing drops/rewards throughout the season and continuing to improve Seasonal events would definitely help.
If you made it this far into the post - I thank you for your time! Feel free to add ideas and comments to this post.
I dont know much about this but i do know that Swrds confirmed more than once that the QA team WILL be making a return sooner or later. Great post btw, awesome suggestions, and even better solutions to major issues in this realm

Iamstingrae

QA Team
iAmStingRae
iAmStingRae
QA Team
Ratings
I dont know much about this but i do know that Swrds confirmed more than once that the QA team WILL be making a return sooner or later. Great post btw, awesome suggestions, and even better solutions to major issues in this realm
Thanks for your support End! I really appreciate it. I think the past QA team was under-utilized and would be great to see a new one return.

superflyguy5121

Dedicated Member
ELITE
superflyguy5121
superflyguy5121
ELITE
Ratings
141 9
Tasks should be progressive imo. their should be a tier level for tasks like bronze silver gold platinum.
Once you do like 500 tasks and reach platinum your rewards should be much greater then average and should occasionally include key/cubit rewards. This gives more incentive to do tasks other then just doing them for prestige.

Individual boss challenges are good. But, there should also be party challenges, similar to quests but much more grindy with a desirable reward. This will give incentive to someone like me with a very small party to recruit more players.

Personally I don't think you should be able to lose any personal items in isles, especially because one of the last party quests is grinding resources in burning lands. Losing items on death in pvp is meant for the pit.

#makecarrotsgreatagain

also
bring back /disguise and /hat

xStephie

Forum Expert
PATRON+
xStephie
xStephie
Patron+
Ratings
369 19
So one thing I think would be cool is a way to give others on the team a reward without having to give up ownership. Maybe something for all the team members for the top 5 parties overall for the season. It's a party but only the owner gets rewarded altho others assist in making the party great. Not just a survival problem but a problem on lots of realms. I personally gave up ownership to my coleaders so they could get trophies as well as they are just as important in this party as me. On earth we are having the same talks with my assistants that make money too.

dorathecreatorrr

Dedicated Member
PATRON
cconsole
cconsole
Patron
Ratings
90 37
Hey everyone!

• Reinstated QA team
  • Improve Task System
  • Fully revamp Isles
  • Add Cosmetic Slots
  • Leaderboard Rewards
  • Seasonal Events
  • Update Rank Kits
  • Update LPS
  • Make PVP great again

Make pvp great again

Iamstingrae

QA Team
iAmStingRae
iAmStingRae
QA Team
Ratings
Tasks should be progressive imo. their should be a tier level for tasks like bronze silver gold platinum.
Once you do like 500 tasks and reach platinum your rewards should be much greater then average and should occasionally include key/cubit rewards. This gives more incentive to do tasks other then just doing them for prestige.

Individual boss challenges are good. But, there should also be party challenges, similar to quests but much more grindy with a desirable reward. This will give incentive to someone like me with a very small party to recruit more players.

Personally I don't think you should be able to lose any personal items in isles, especially because one of the last party quests is grinding resources in burning lands. Losing items on death in pvp is meant for the pit.

#makecarrotsgreatagain

also
bring back /disguise and /hat
These are great ideas!
also - I always use /hats instead or /wardrobe if that's what you're looking for.
Post automatically merged:

So one thing I think would be cool is a way to give others on the team a reward without having to give up ownership. Maybe something for all the team members for the top 5 parties overall for the season. It's a party but only the owner gets rewarded altho others assist in making the party great. Not just a survival problem but a problem on lots of realms. I personally gave up ownership to my coleaders so they could get trophies as well as they are just as important in this party as me. On earth we are having the same talks with my assistants that make money too.
This would be great! I've done the same thing within my own party, letting everyone have a turn to get the trophy since we work together as a party, I believe everyone deserves some sort of reward. Would also be nice to be able to give perms to collect party rewards.

Ratings
426 8
Hey everyone!

• Reinstated QA team
  • Improve Task System
  • Fully revamp Isles
  • Add Cosmetic Slots
  • Leaderboard Rewards
  • Seasonal Events
  • Update Rank Kits
  • Update LPS
  • Make PVP great again

First of all +1
But personally, I am more intrigued into the ManaPond and isles suggestions/changes of this post. The isles, haven't had a ''Major" update in ages, besides the introduction of the Wolf Haven and Morend, which did lead up to there being minibosses, the Golden Knight and the Cursed witch, with their own unique weapons, Golden knight sword and Cursed Witch staff respectively, as well as a Kilton spawn egg thingy, which I profited 1.3c from. Don't get me wrong, I love the two bosses (Golden Knight on top!) But otherwise, besides a small Burninglands revamp there Hasn't been any changes.

Onto the ManaPond suggestion, I really am interested in the idea of a Begginer/Pro/Master levels for the manapond, but not in the way of like ranks. I was thinking maybe like Divisions. Higher Division allow rarer loot you can obtain, like highest division has all the higher stage of progression players, or like players good at Manapond, like extremely, so it's fair to put them up with each other, so it's better and fairer for the early game, and mid game players.
Like, if you for example catch 10 items or more from the Manapond in your division, you move up one division next time you do Manapond. If you catch 1-5 items, you move down, and if your between you stay.
But maybe adding like individual player awards, for each division after a ManaPond event, or like overall best division pond player per week/month would make it more enjoyable to grind or do, since, being completely honest with you, the rewards are sort of bad, especially when your on End game, or late game players, with a vast variety of sva, you don't really need a ''Magic title'' or like ''leather boots" .

Iamkomma

ELITE
Iamkomma
Iamkomma
ELITE
Ratings
As a builder there is no initiative to build Great bases, there's no reward for getting hard work you or your party puts into to it the fact of the matter is there's no initiative to grind or build, etc if it just ends the same way every season. Personally it would be nice if the staff listened to the players did more events, not these bull-s ones that aren't even fun. All people care about Are getting igs like you said and afking. All the builder's left because there's no reason too! I've been apart of every major building party and about every single person has left, NASA, Hyrule, etc.

I want to build these giant city's but there's no one to appreciate them, id build in creative but it's super outdated too!

I've been on this server for 5 or more years and it feels like the staff are losing the community, I understand money is a priority but what about the people that spend the money on the server?

Some ideas for building, you aren't afraid to add some overpowered items/Ssvs why not give us some custom blocks, some ideas include( different types of bricks, tiles, decorative blocks, maybe you can use the stone cutter to get different varieties of blocks) this probably won't happen because builders are a minority on the server.

I agree with everything above! Have a nice day