Server Wide Suggestion (Keys)

Cedis ♡

MVP
Cedis
Cedis
MVP
Ratings
49 5
I suggest lowering key price to 4 cubits (4 USD) as 5 dollars is, well, bullshit. I don't understand how the arctic crate can be 4 cubits (4 USD) and this crate be 5 cubits (5 USD) if they're virtually the same anyway.

hdgf

PATRON
hdgf
hdgf
Patron
Ratings
35 2
$4 crates were a solid price, little high, but tolerable for how good the svas were, this is pushing it maybe a little too far

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
I don't really mind keys being high in price. Makes it less P2W. I'm not sure what server you're referring to specifically but I know with factions, the top fac already receives 250 cubits a week PLUS 50 cubits for farming. The keys being more expensive kind of evens it out.
Also, the arctic key is only 3.75 on factions.

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
I don't really mind keys being high in price. Makes it less P2W. I'm not sure what server you're referring to specifically but I know with factions, the top fac already receives 250 cubits a week PLUS 50 cubits for farming. The keys being more expensive kind of evens it out.
Also, the arctic key is only 3.75 on factions.
How does more expensive = less p2w? That's more p2w. And no other server gets cubit payouts even remotely close to that amount.

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
How does more expensive = less p2w? That's more p2w. And no other server gets cubit payouts even remotely close to that amount.
It being more expensive means less people will be more inclined to be P2W. It's almost as if saying "You can be P2W but it'll cost you more". I mean, I can really only speak for my experience on factions. Personally, I'd rather have the keys be pretty much all cosmetic stuff. I understand how it being more money could backfire though so I see where you're coming from.

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
It being more expensive means less people will be more inclined to be P2W. It's almost as if saying "You can be P2W but it'll cost you more". I mean, I can really only speak for my experience on factions. Personally, I'd rather have the keys be pretty much all cosmetic stuff. I understand how it being more money could backfire though so I see where you're coming from.
Being more expensive means less p2w players have opportunity to buy keys with grinded cubits. A 1 cubit increase makes zero difference to most patrons.

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
Being more expensive means less p2w players have opportunity to buy keys with grinded cubits. A 1 cubit increase makes zero difference to most patrons.
Okay, yeah I see where you are coming from. What I should say, is up the price on the store but lower the price in-game. I'm new to the whole "cubits" idea. I just want it to be less P2W and more grind2win.

iAmBungee

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
iAmBungee
iAmBungee
Patron+
Ratings
146 8
Okay, yeah I see where you are coming from. What I should say, is up the price on the store but lower the price in-game. I'm new to the whole "cubits" idea. I just want it to be less P2W and more grind2win.
Uping price on store and lowering in-game wouldn't change much either. Then people just wouldnt buy keys straight from store and would just buy cubits instead and buy keys through /cubitshop.

SlyHaze

ELITE
SlyHaze
SlyHaze
ELITE
Ratings
Uping price on store and lowering in-game wouldn't change much either. Then people just wouldnt buy keys straight from store and would just buy cubits instead and buy keys through /cubitshop.
Alright, then what about lowering the price altogether but making it more cosmetic instead of P2W stuff?

hdgf

PATRON
hdgf
hdgf
Patron
Ratings
35 2
Alright, then what about lowering the price altogether but making it more cosmetic instead of P2W stuff?
cosmetics are a needed part of a crate, but the actual sva appeal is much larger

Orsx

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
orsx
orsx
Patron+
Ratings
84 4
+1, the svas themselves are the main appeal to players in all crates. The addition of the cosmetics is good as it makes these items harder to get making them even more desirable and "rare". The key price should be the changing variable here in my opinion

hdgf

PATRON
hdgf
hdgf
Patron
Ratings
35 2
+1, the svas themselves are the main appeal to players in all crates. The addition of the cosmetics is good as it makes these items harder to get making them even more desirable and "rare". The key price should be the changing variable here in my opinion
hard agree, lower key price, no need to change low drop rates or anything, but maybe less svas per crate. wardrobe amount and cosmetic amount seems fine atm

Orsx

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
orsx
orsx
Patron+
Ratings
84 4
hard agree, lower key price, no need to change low drop rates or anything, but maybe less svas per crate. wardrobe amount and cosmetic amount seems fine atm
Yep, completely agree. But actually In the skyblock suggestions discord I suggested the implementation of a guarantee system in crates. I believe it was supposed to be put into the new crate system a while back anyway. Ill make a forum post about it.