Should There be a Factions Gamemode?

Should there be factions?

• Total voters
Ratings
Factions?

Hello, Dawn10001 here and I was wondering if there should be a factions game-mode. I don't know if survival counts as factions, because you can claim land, and invite people to join your "party," but I don't know. Factions would be a hit on this server, with all the adrenaline, and raiding going on. I would like your opinion on it, so please reply to it. :) thanks, Dawn10001.

JuanitoG

Forum Expert
MVP+
JuanitoG
JuanitoG
MVP+
Ratings
448 5
Factions?

Hello, Dawn10001 here and I was wondering if there should be a factions game-mode. I don't know if survival counts as factions, because you can claim land, and invite people to join your "party," but I don't know. Factions would be a hit on this server, with all the adrenaline, and raiding going on. I would like your opinion on it, so please reply to it. :) thanks, Dawn10001.
I agree! There used to be factions but was removed due to data loss. I have been trying to get Dacon to re-install, but he says It will be a while before that will happen.

Duskful

Ratings
I enjoy the factions gamemode a lot, and recognize its widespread appeal throughout MineCraft's player base. However.. I like creative more! :p

Wednesday

Ratings
33 1
I don't think Factions would be added because Survival kind of took it's place after a certain someone was a lemon and accidentally 'cleared the data' . I mean Factions is where Minevast started (with Vicerow) and the release of the Factions 2.0 or whatever it was called proved v successful I just don't think it would get as many players as other games on the server :/

Ratings
I don't think Factions would be added because Survival kind of took it's place after a certain someone was a lemon and accidentally 'cleared the data' . I mean Factions is where Minevast started (with Vicerow) and the release of the Factions 2.0 or whatever it was called proved v successful I just don't think it would get as many players as other games on the server :/
I guess so. I think that Parkour will dominate and continue to no matter how many additions there are to Minevast. Like if you agree. But, does Survival seem the same to Factions? With all the parties, land claiming, excluding the raiding though...

Wednesday

Ratings
33 1
You're right about the parkour, but I guess it's hard to predict. You never know, another game could have the 'Dfield effect' where a large Youtuber makes a video or two on a certain minigame on Minevast and it starts to get a lot of players. I think that the Minevast community is too toxic for the Staff to deal with all of the negative effects with having another Factions release.

Ratings
May I ask, what does it mean when you say this: "I think the Minevast community is to toxic for the staff to deal with all the negative effects with having another Factions release?
You're right about the parkour, but I guess it's hard to predict. You never know, another game could have the 'Dfield effect' where a large Youtuber makes a video or two on a certain minigame on Minevast and it starts to get a lot of players. I think that the Minevast community is too toxic for the Staff to deal with all of the negative effects with having another Factions release.

Ratings
I think adding a Factions game mode would be great for this server and could increase the community like survival did.
I say "could increase the community" because i met a lot of friends because of survival

Ratings
Yea, I totally like your reason Jimmey! It could increase the community, and increase the ways of having a better community, and more appropriate language I guess you could say.

Last edited:
Ratings
Yea, I totally like your reason Jimmey! It could increase the community, and increase the ways of having a better community, and more appropriate language I guess you could say.
I would totally say that survival did that for me as well. I think it would be a great way to meet new people and make friends.

Ratings
I would totally say that survival did that for me as well. I think it would be a great way to meet new people and make friends.
Thank's Guys I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
I think factions would be a good addition to the server. Although like Wednesday said, the Minevast community is a bit too toxic for a Factions server. KitPvP is pretty toxic and I'd imagine Factions would be a lot worse.

But yes, it would be good for the community. It may or may not be popular, we don't know.

Ratings
I think factions would be a good addition to the server. Although like Wednesday said, the Minevast community is a bit too toxic for a Factions server. KitPvP is pretty toxic and I'd imagine Factions would be a lot worse.

But yes, it would be good for the community. It may or may not be popular, we don't know.
I see what you are saying for the toxic part on Minevast. Maybe people will get really angry about raiding other bases, which could lead to fights, which could lead to havoc. I say this because Kit-PvP is pretty toxic, because you get killed with the gear you bought, and that would get you angry. Factions, with your base being destroyed and your valuables being lost, would be a stress. Tywone, you make a good point about that, but it would be a very good addition, for my part. :)

Wednesday

Ratings
33 1
Yeah, Tyler pretty much elaborated on what I meant by 'toxic' :)