Rejected Sky ruins - Medium - Map submission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pseudo : multiman789
Plot : first plot (in a corner) plot name: multiman789
map name : "sky ruins" (i know, ruin is overused)
about 50 jumps (6 slime bounces)
difficulty : medium/hard
2 checkpoints
The path may be hard to find.
No barrier.
2019-11-01_17.37.50.png

i have some bugs with the light in 1.14
2019-11-01_17.37.43.png
2019-11-01_17.37.37.png

I agree with you about the build, i'm a bad builder, but i don't think that the parkour is actually that repetitive, except for the end with this long stair. I will upgrade it. Thanks

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Giving this a -1

Positives:
  • Fun slime jumps
  • No barriers!
Negatives:

• Unoriginal theme
  • No block variation whatsoever (all jump blocks are green clay with carpet on top)
  • The build is not detailed
  • The build does not feel like ruins
Suggestions*:
  • Add jump variation. Use blocks like ice, soul sand, fences, panes, heads, ladders, etc
  • Greatly increase the build quality to reflect the theme. Because of the unoriginal theme, this map will most likely not be added unless the build and parkour are amazing.
* I understand at this point I'm pretty much saying the entire thing needs to be remade. At this point, my suggestion is that you just scrap this map and work on a new map with a new theme. I don't think this theme is worth creating another map for.

Good luck with any maps you make in the future.

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hello,

Unfortunately, I will be rejecting this map. Firstly, the theme is unoriginal, as we already have many maps revolving around the 'Ruins' theme, the build isn't really that attractive, and a bit messy. My main concern for this map is the parkour, throughout the map it was really confusing for me, I ended up skipping a bit cause I couldn't figure out where to go, as well as the parkour having no variation in blocks, I also found it a bit too easy to fit the medium/hard difficulty, but too many jumps to be changed to an easy map.

In the future when submitting and creating maps, I recommend looking HERE to see a list of maps with themes, that way you'll be able to tell whether your map is original or not! I'd also recommend having a 'main' build, we normally would like to see an actual structure rather than a random floating building in the air, to improve on the parkour, I strongly recommend using variation in different blocks, this could be used with soul sand, ice, brewing stands, doors, fences, etc. Variation is one of the most important things a Map Judge is looking for, as well as going through the parkour (or asking someone), and deciding if it actually fits the length and difficulty you're going for, and lastly, please make sure to add signs or heads that indicate where to go throughout a map, it can become very confusing without them.

Thank you for taking the time to create, and submit this map. I'm hoping to see more from you in the future!
Luci

Status
Not open for further replies.