JM4s
Ratings
> Map Builders: JM4s (60%), ObamaGaming (25%), samsei_ (15%) <

> Map Name: Sky Serpent <

> Difficulty: Insane <

> Number of Jumps: 160 <

> Number of Checkpoints: 16 <

> Plot info: /plot v JM4s 4 <​

Making this map was an insane experience and I am really proud of how this map turned out. The map build is based around the 2D flash Nitrome videogame called Sky Serpents, in which your objective is to defeat several sky serpents by basically doing what you do on this same map: reach the head of the serpent starting from its tail by parkouring through its body. Some of the ideas for this build were 100% original, such as making interior subsections themed around different biomes / builds.
Even though the map is very long, and the checkpoint placements on it are on the unforgiving side, the parkour on it leans towards easy insane difficulty. There are several jumps involving redstone, some of them never seen before. However, we tried to make the longer sections easier, and the harder sections shorter, so that the map is as balanced as possible.
As for the map credits, the parkour was made by Obama and me, with each one of us having done around 50% of the work on that. The exterior of the build was done 50/50 by samei_ and me, and the interior sections were decorated entirely by me. We also got a ton of testers, whose names all show up on the tester board at the start of the map. Also, special thanks to Tas for providing the cool photos you will see below!
1168-1413453631-10710018_810346628988780_92652784_o.jpeg
2021-05-03_13.57.04.png

2021-05-03_13.54.21.png

2021-05-03_13.41.45.png

2021-05-03_13.51.38.png

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
SKY SERPENT! SKY SERPENT! SKY SERPENT!

Blown it out of the water with this map. Good luck with the submission!
(The double trapdoor phase :weary:) crikey

samsei

VIP+
samsei_
samsei_
VIP+
Ratings
amazing build wonder who partially did that

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
Heyo Juju, Obama and samsei,

I'll be putting your map in ONGOING since I have tested and reviewed the map. This'll now go onto the other map judges for further reviewing. Please be patient while waiting on the status of your map.

If you have any concerns feel free to message me here or on discord at anA#8286.

Thank you, have a wonderful day !

-Ana

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
Hey Juju, Obama and Samsei,

Im happy to tell you your map has been accepted !!

The THEME is original, we don't have any maps like this ^-^.

The BUILD is adorable and accurate to what you're trying to portray, I loved seeing this map grow from what it was before.

The PARKOUR fit the length and difficulty of an insane map. It was really fun to do with good variation and with all the fixed points, really brings the challenge and is so enjoyable to do.

Thank you so much for the submission ! Can't wait to see more from you and congrats !

-Ana

Status
Not open for further replies.