Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: For your parkour theme I know that we've certainly got plenty of animal map submissions but I'm not actually certain if there's a snail parkour map so at the moment good job on the theme, for the design it definitely resembles a snail that you were going for, you put some alright detail, might be nicer if you put some more detail into the snail and detail it a little bit more.

Parkour difficulty/variety: For the parkour difficulty I would say that it resembles something more of a MEDIUM parkour map and not necessarily a hard parkour map, for the parkour length probably in the middle a little longer than your average medium parkour map, for the parkour variety, I mean it was alright but you used some blocks multiple times which made it feel kind of boring and repetitive, I suggest using a handful of different unique blocks than the same ones over and over, nonetheless good luck on your parkour map submission!

Sean

VIP
gligew
gligew
VIP
Ratings
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: For your parkour theme I know that we've certainly got plenty of animal map submissions but I'm not actually certain if there's a snail parkour map so at the moment good job on the theme, for the design it definitely resembles a snail that you were going for, you put some alright detail, might be nicer if you put some more detail into the snail and detail it a little bit more.

Parkour difficulty/variety: For the parkour difficulty I would say that it resembles something more of a MEDIUM parkour map and not necessarily a hard parkour map, for the parkour length probably in the middle a little longer than your average medium parkour map, for the parkour variety, I mean it was alright but you used some blocks multiple times which made it feel kind of boring and repetitive, I suggest using a handful of different unique blocks than the same ones over and over, nonetheless good luck on your parkour map submission!
Thanks for the advice, but I''m not much of a builder. What should I texture the snail with? I tried lots of different types of wood, but I feel like they all stand out too much.

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Thanks for the advice, but I''m not much of a builder. What should I texture the snail with? I tried lots of different types of wood, but I feel like they all stand out too much.
Hi, maybe try some spruce/dark oak logs or planks with maybe a bit of brown terra-cotta.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Unfortunately there is already a snail map. Someone else has submitted a snail map and it has been rejected for that reason, so I have bad news for you.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey AsianKid0,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As you were told above, we already have a map themed after a snail. So, since this build doesn't really excuse the identical theme, this is not an originally themed map submission.
  • Build: Personally, I think the build is lacking in some areas. For starters, it does look somewhat similar to our snail-themed map "Gary". Which, is something we try to avoid as we don't want to have similar-looking builds on our server. Regarding how the snail actually looks, I think you could definitely improve it through better block choices, parkour integration, and shaping. The parkour integration is simple: eliminate the over-abundance of floating parkour and integrate it with your build. Thus complementing it, and not hindering it. By block choices, I mean that the sandstone/brown fool combo isn't doing it for me, they're not really appealing to one and other. Regarding the shaping: the shell just kinda extends past the body of the snail (you should connect it to it); the tail looks disfigured; the eyes just don't look right when made up of such a limited amount of blocks (use the Gary map,for example, they're much more accurate as the eyes are round and the necks of it are fuller). There's work to be done to it.
  • Parkour: The parkour is much more fitting for the medium difficulty, so just cut back on a couple of jumps. And, it felt pretty varied throughout, with only some jumps being repeated here and there. Could cut back on the ice/soulstone. Nothing too major.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.