Rejected SnakeRampage - Hard (Resubmission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
Created by: GeorgeVa & Cornfly
Difficulty: Hard
Plot: ./plot h Cornfly 2
Jumps: around 80

The parkour is now more varied. Vine jumps were removed and some jumps were replaced to make the map more varied, now the only section with vine jumps is the start. Additionally, I have now used the snake more by adding some jumps on the side of it up to the checkpoint before the slime jump. Unfortunately given the limited space I have to work with without making use of floating jumps or tower parkour, I feel like that is the best I could have done. Parkour inside the snake would not be possible due to lack of space, so as a compromise I blocked off the path leading to the checkpoint and added parkour around the snake. Other than that no other worth mentioning changes were made.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey GeorgeVa & Cornfly,

I've put your map into REVIEWING due to the parkour.
  • Theme: As I said before, I think the theme is pretty original. I haven't seen a map themed after this specifically, so it's fair game in my book. Good job!
  • Build: Although I did have my reservations with the build at first, I've changed my mind upon taking multiple things into consideration. I really do think it's a very well-executed and attractive build. I can see how much time and effort you guys put into this map. Had the snake tower not been so unique and intriguing, I wouldn't believe this build to be original and good. But, due to it, you've pulled through. It's an acceptable build.
  • Parkour: The parkour's length and difficulty do fit the hard difficulty. But, I think there are a couple of instances where the checkpoint placement is not very forgiving. For example, the first checkpoint is right after an area where you can fall and not get back up, thus forcing you to do the entire beginning again. I strongly advise you guys to look over all of your checkpoints and make sure they're in difficult yet forgiving places. We're not looking for annoying checkpoints, just hard ones. Furthermore, the build is still very confusing and minorly repetitive (at times). I asked other judges to test and they said the same thing, it felt confusing to do. You need to highlight the path better. And, there are a couple of jumps that are used too much (such as ladders). If you address all of this and also make sure to patch most exploits with barriers (as it's a very large map), I will accept it.
You can contact me anywhere (in-game, forums, discord Pat#8205) when you're ready for your map to be judged again.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey George and Corn,

Your map has been REJECTED as you mentioned you will not be able to make these changes at this moment. I hope to see your map in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.