Some Small Suggestions/Ideas:

Ally_saurusrex

Donator
Ratings
19 1
First off, I'm not sure if there is a different place I should be putting this, but I didn't want to put it under a specific server suggestion forum, because it could be applied to the whole server :)

1. Some form of birthday presents?
I think it would be cool if on your birthday, you could get a chest (either on one of the servers or all of them) that contains little goodies like gems, in-game cash, etc. I don't really know how it would work to set that up, but since you give your birthday when you sign up for the forums, I'm sure it would be possible if your minecraft account was linked to that.

2. Weekly surveys/polls.
If we had weekly (or just periodic) surveys/polls, it could be an easy way to hear what everyone thinks about the server even if they don't have a forum account! It could be something like a chat message that pops up when you first log onto the server, or it could be activated with a command. The questions could be anything from "What is your favorite server to play on?" to "What are your thoughts on ___" or even random questions to interact with the players more, like "Which of these minecraft mobs are the coolest?"

3. A command to request staff help.
Sometimes when you're playing on a server you need staff help, but no one is on that server, or maybe they're just AFK. I think it would be a good addition if we had a command like ./requeststaff (description of whats wrong, on what server). It would alert online staff and give them the message, and they could decide what to do from there. I've been told that ./helpop is for more serious matters, so this could just be something used for small things that aren't too urgent. For example: if someone had a question like: "how do I use MCMMO skills?", that isn't necessarily urgent enough for ./helpop, and it's not important enough to make a forum post about, so they could use ./requeststaff :D

4. A ./ignore command
Sometimes players on servers get into disagreements and arguments, and it would be helpful if you could do ./ignore (playername) so you wouldn't have to listen to whatever is bothering you. I also think it should just be temporary (ie. it unignores them after a day) because after that if the problem persists, staff could get involved, or you need to solve them problem yourself and not just run away from it. You also shouldn't be able to ignore staff, and only have a few (like 3-5) people ignored at once, to discourage overusing it.

Aaand that's all for now! Feel free to reply with any additional ideas, or things you would change about mine :)

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
Cool ideas but for the alert staff thing there is already commands in place for that. Whenever you need help and your online use ./helpop [reason] for help or if you ever want to report a player do ./report [player] [reason]. Great ideas :)

Ally_saurusrex

Donator
Ratings
19 1
Cool ideas but for the alert staff thing there is already commands in place for that. Whenever you need help and your online use ./helpop [reason] for help or if you ever want to report a player do ./report [player] [reason]. Great ideas :)
ah okay, i thought the ./helpop was for serious matters only for some reason, thanks! :)

gnunou

Ratings
I like the ideas, but as far as I know, the /ignore is already a thing on parkour, but then again, that's the only server I've ever tried it on, so I'm not 100% positive.

jemmey

MVP
jemmey
jemmey
MVP
Ratings
194 1
These are some interesting ideas, and it's very considerate of you to take the time to suggest these things with the improvement of our server in mind. Unfortunately I feel there may be a few problems here and there with a few of them.

The first of these things being the birthday gift idea. People could simply take advantage of this by say setting their birthday to an imminent date and after receiving the reward, claim the date was incorrect, and have it changed, and so on. I'm sure the staff would be able to keep tabs on this but it still may lead to some inconvenience. Honestly though, the best gift I could hope to receive would simply be a warm greeting from friends. :)

Regarding the poll idea, I believe on certain controversial matters, polls are helpful (ex: default name color being yellow or gray). But we do have the forums, which are essentially here for players to voice their opinions on practically anything related to the server. Creating an account is fairly simple and convenient as well, so I'm sure it's an equal to any poll websites we might opt to use!

Agreeing with @Texans45 and @gnunou above, the command to request staff assistance is /helpop, and the ignore command is also already here. Still, I do understand your concern of using /helpop for smaller matters, but asking fellow players may also provide some insight! If no-one currently online knows, a forum post should get you an answer within a day or so!

Please don't let my opinion discourage you from further suggesting, it's ideas like these from players like you that keep our community satisfied! Again, thank you for your considerate contribution, I look forward to your future posts!