Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Map Creators: Floppyh (me)
101 Jumps
5 Checkpoints
Expert Difficulty

Information:
There is a few parts that are relatively Incostistent meaning that I buffed it for my own preference and made it a bit harder than expected.
I built all of this in 1h20m and I am pretty proud of what t he outcome was :)
I've gotten multiple Good reviews by players and that my work is awesome.
The map name is Space Invaders, named after one of my favourite Tracks in Geometry Dash and made by Waterflame.

The map is over 120 blocks but I didn't think about the height until I realized in the Y level that it was ~140 blocks ish

Screenshots:

2020-11-04_17.02.04.png
2020-11-04_17.02.17.png
2020-11-04_17.01.52.png

2020-11-04_17.02.30.png

Attachments

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Floppyh,

I am sorry to inform you this map is being rejected. The theme is unoriginal, as there are many space themed maps already on ManaCube. I would recommend checking the Parkour List before you start building to make sure you have an original theme. There are aspects of the build that are really cool, I really like the way the asteroids are textured and they look really pretty. However, some parts of the build don't look nearly as stunning. The planets and the sun in the distance look heavily worldedited and out of place compared to the detail of the UFO and the asteroids.

The parkour is not mixed or varied much, and is mostly floating which makes the build look a bit messy. Try to use many kinds of blocks and jumps all throughout your map to make a unique and interesting course. There are some aspects of the map that are extremely repetitive, such as the whole iron bar section in the beam of the UFO. Try to avoid having sections identifiable by jump or block type (ex. the iron bar section, the ladder section). The difficulty was also really inconsistent, with many of the jumps being easy or medium difficulty with some being expert difficulty. There were also many unmarked barriers that made the parkour more artificially difficult. Try to mark barriers with carpets, signs, redstone, or item frames to avoid confusing gaps that the player may jump to thinking it's a free space. I would recommend looking at our Mapmaking Wiki Guides, as well as looking at examples of recently accepted maps at /warp beta on the server, or the Accepted Maps subforum.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.