zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
First of all holy cow map judges there is a massive queue for submissions I hope you guys are doing fine

There already is a map called spike but this is different. If needed the name could probably be altered to something else

Name: zzykrkv
Map: Spike
/plot v zzykrkv 3
Difficulty: Expert
Jumps: 90

This is my first attempt at an "organic" build so any feedback would be highly appreciated. This map was more for me to practice building specimens, I have some good ideas in mind but I can't really execute them until I get better at organic stuff so you might see some more generic stuff from me.

There are 2 interior sections. The first one is a gem cave and the other one is a volcanic land. People who haven't watched the show won't understand, but just know they're important parts of the character.

And btw the character is "spike" from my little pony.

PHOTO TIME
1597569723717.png

1597569780351.png

1597569790292.png
1597569803087.png

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
You nailed the build and the theme, but the parkour is much to difficult and annoying for Expert. Considering only the difficulty, the map would suit a hard Insane, but many of the jumps are very annoying. Remember that the map is meant to be fun, not rage-inducing, and that it should be accessible to all players with the Skilled rank. The intended path is also unclear in some places and some more signs/arrows/carpets would be great.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
You nailed the build and the theme, but the parkour is much to difficult and annoying for Expert. Considering only the difficulty, the map would suit a hard Insane, but many of the jumps are very annoying. Remember that the map is meant to be fun, not rage-inducing, and that it should be accessible to all players with the Skilled rank. The intended path is also unclear in some places and some more signs/arrows/carpets would be great.
ok ill n e r f the level tomorrow, any jumps in particular you found to be annoying? Because to nerf jumps i can reduce the blockage or increase the landing, but if a jump is annoying it's be better to just change the entire structure of it.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
well this is a problem I have 2 conflicting judgements on the difficulty of this level. It'd be great if someone else tried it and told me what they felt the difficulty was.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Update: level has undergone heavy nerfing, hopefully now it fits the difficulty.

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Update: level has undergone heavy nerfing, hopefully not it fits the difficulty.
Thanks for being open to making changes. I'll try it again this morning :)

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Update #2
Level has undergone another round of mild nerfing

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Hello! Here's what I have to say about the map:
I really enjoyed the parkour and the build looks pretty good too! I didn't get bored once and it wasn't too hard. But I do have some things that I want to point out.
The first room inside Spike was pretty cool, but it looked a little messy as well. I just felt like there was a lot going on at once.
Also, the first checkpoint inside that room where the heads are, I really struggled with that one xD. I think it would be better if the orange head would be a little more back from the wall. There are lots of positions where heads can be. But you don't have to change it if you don't want to.
Other than that, I really like it! Goodluck :D

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Hello! Here's what I have to say about the map:
I really enjoyed the parkour and the build looks pretty good too! I didn't get bored once and it wasn't too hard. But I do have some things that I want to point out.
The first room inside Spike was pretty cool, but it looked a little messy as well. I just felt like there was a lot going on at once.
Also, the first checkpoint inside that room where the heads are, I really struggled with that one xD. I think it would be better if the orange head would be a little more back from the wall. There are lots of positions where heads can be. But you don't have to change it if you don't want to.
Other than that, I really like it! Goodluck :D
Thanks for your feedback : )

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
I just remembered there already is an accepted map named spike :( It looks like you'll have to change the name

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
I just remembered there already is an accepted map named spike :( It looks like you'll have to change the name

OK name is now spikePK (jkjkjk dont that name is terrible)

Actually according to the wiki
1597797363513.png

So now the new name of this map is officially Spike the Dragon
Map judges plesase note this

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello zzykrkv,

I am happy to inform you that your map is being accepted!
The theme is original, as we don't have any MLP maps, so good job on that!
The build is accurate to what you were going for, with a decent amount of variety throughout. I can tell that a lot of effort went into this!
The parkour is varied throughout, and incorporated with the theme quite nicely! The length of the course and difficulty of the jumps are good for the expert difficulty, and this map was very fun to play!

Thank you for submitting this map; I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.