Staff application: 500 word minimum.

Should we have a 500 word minimum in a staff application?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

JackRocksGaming

Donator
Ratings
5 8
I dont see why we have to put at least 500 words in a Staff Application. This is a bad rule because if someone has made their point on wanting to become a staff member, and their qualifications, they should be able to do that in less than 500 words.

And why 500 words. Why not more or less. If someone has qualifications to be a staff member and has a perfect record, they should be able to become a part of the staff team, whats stopping some people from achieving this is staff members putting rejected and then putting 'You have not reached the 500 word minimum'.

All the times I have applied I have had 3 staff members put that there, its stupid. 500 words can be to much. So if we have put our qualifications in under that and we have a good clean record, let them be staff, its not fair that they cant because they dont have 500 words in their application.

Cheechmoted

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
284 38
Anyone willing to apply for staff should be able to put in the time to make an application over 500 words.

Staff should not be begging for information, if we know nothing about you there is no point in you applying.

If you want to be staff that bad you should be willing to put in the time for the outcome.

There are not that many qualifications to be staff either, 500 words in an application is the least we can ask for.

Cheech

JackRocksGaming

Donator
Ratings
5 8
But if we made our point in 200 words, thats 400 words. It should be able to be moderated fairliy, we shouldn't have to be asked to write 100 more words of nothing meaningful.

Nick_

Retired Staff | Neanderthal
Donator+
Ratings
299 4
Hello Jack,

Like others said above me the 500 word limit is fine and reasonable. If someone needs to check how much words they need in the application they can use a word counter. I use https://wordcounter.net/ It gets the job done and also helps with any spelling mistakes. :)

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
The staff application is 200 words itself. This means to meet the requirement you only need to write 300 words.
If you want to be successful then you would of read the requirements and took note of the needed 500 words and tried to reach it in order to meet another requirement. If you are slightly off this, then just add another few sentences or explain something else/cover your own question in the other 'Anything else'.

By meeting 500 words not only do you provide us with detail and more information to accept you from but you also show that you do want to be staff by the effort you have put in. In my opinion those who apply should aim for more than 500 words. This makes a good impression!

Also, you said that 3 staff have put that your application is too short. The message staff leave at the end of your application is really important and you should listen to it and follow upon it in future. If you were unable to reach the 500 words for a third time you could of spoken to myself or Purpz to discuss the issue.

If applications do not meet the word requirement they can be considered and those close to it generally are. But, the requirement is clear and 300 words (+200 word questions) is not much to ask.

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
We have high standards for staff, and you must meet them to be considered. It is that simple.

You seem to feel that writing your qualifications in under 300 words and "having a good clean record" is sufficient to qualify for staff. Well, it is not. When you become staff, you are expected to communicate with players and other staff through the written word. Therefore, what you write in your application is very important to us. We do NOT consider staff applications that are 499 words. The requirement is 500 and it is there for a reason. All in game communications are through chat. You must demonstrate to us that you can use proper grammar, spelling and can communicate effectively.

If you do not wish to put forth the effort to write 300 words, then there are many things you can do to help the MineVast community without joining the staff team. You can help players in game and on the forums. You can report hackers and those who violate chat rules. You can donate. But, if you wish to join the staff team, you must meet the minimum requirements.

We appreciate any actions you take to support MineVast, but unless you submit an application that meets the requirements, you will not have an opportunity to become staff.

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
In my opinion, it is less about it actually having to be 500 words, and more about observing if you can successfully follow directions. One who cannot follow directions tends to be reckless, and immature.

None the less, these requirements are set in stone, and for good reason.

(Assuming you applied) Good luck on your next application.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
Look I'm just going to make this as simple as possible.

As Sarah said the questions in itself are 200 words. Which means you only need to write 300. If you fail to meet these requirements or can't even think about writing a whole 200 words you aren't fit to be staff.

It's honestly only 200 words there is so much you can talk about and so many things to be said but if you can't find the amount of effort inside of you to write "200" words then the chances of you being fit to help moderate a server are very slim.

I'm sorry for coming off aggressive in this statement just wanted to reach out my point to you.

Good luck on your next app,
Texans