Staff Applications Ideas and Suggestions..

Cryst3al

ELITE
Cryst3al
Cryst3al
ELITE
Ratings
13 3
Bro....

I have read all the current staff Applications and I'm like "Excuse me?"

Do you all agree that its annoying when someone posts a application not meeting any of the requirements such as the 700+ words or the 20+ posts? Is there a way that people literally just can't make a staff application if they don't have 20+ posts (Like it says they can't until they have done it). Also can it be set up that when someone goes to submit there app it says they can't if they don't meet the word limit. Just an idea. :)

its_abbyy

ELITE
its_abbyy
its_abbyy
ELITE
Ratings
32 7
Yea that would be good. Also if there was a thing down the bottom next to the post button or smt where it says the word limit cause when I did my application, I didn't know how many words I had done.

Good concept

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
don't remember the thread, but I posted something about this a while ago I believe.

I think staff application requirements should be raised and some suggestions are

100/150 Hours in game
1k+ words in the discord.
at least 40/50 quality post

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
I personally think the current requirements are fair as-is. Especially when you take into consideration that the forums simply aren’t as active as they used to be back in say 2018/19 when I first joined. There isn’t as much opportunity to demonstrate helpfulness as most players will ask questions in-game or in the discord, or directly to staff via support systems, so I think in terms of raising the post count on the forums would be a tad unfair to newer applicants, as well as, they aren’t the most necessary thing and can sometimes be overlooked - however, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t strive to do your best! The helper management team do a fair amount of reviewing behind the scenes, so they are able to tell who is active in-game/discord and who maybe isn’t. I can speak from experience here, haha - it is definitely thoroughly looked into!

Suggestions to increase the requirements are very common, but I think the current requirements are fair enough. Not every staff member/applicant can dedicate hours upon hours of time every day, and that is alright. It’s completely voluntary, so we don’t want to force staff to meet a certain amount of hours to show that they’re active - we have lives outside of ManaCube, and things pop up sometimes! We’re only human. I also don’t think it’s something to be “annoyed” about when other applicants don’t meet requirements - more so a challenge to encourage fellow applicants to do better!

Most of the time, the people applying are quite young and will just be doing it out of excitement - we don’t want to completely police the applications so that you cannot submit an application if it doesn’t meet requirements; as another huge aspect of being considered suitable would be that you’ve shown you’ve went out of your way to read, understand and meet (or better yet, exceed) the requirements.

Cryst3al

ELITE
Cryst3al
Cryst3al
ELITE
Ratings
13 3
I personally think the current requirements are fair as-is. Especially when you take into consideration that the forums simply aren’t as active as they used to be back in say 2018/19 when I first joined. There isn’t as much opportunity to demonstrate helpfulness as most players will ask questions in-game or in the discord, or directly to staff via support systems, so I think in terms of raising the post count on the forums would be a tad unfair to newer applicants, as well as, they aren’t the most necessary thing and can sometimes be overlooked - however, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t strive to do your best! The helper management team do a fair amount of reviewing behind the scenes, so they are able to tell who is active in-game/discord and who maybe isn’t. I can speak from experience here, haha - it is definitely thoroughly looked into!

Suggestions to increase the requirements are very common, but I think the current requirements are fair enough. Not every staff member/applicant can dedicate hours upon hours of time every day, and that is alright. It’s completely voluntary, so we don’t want to force staff to meet a certain amount of hours to show that they’re active - we have lives outside of ManaCube, and things pop up sometimes! We’re only human. I also don’t think it’s something to be “annoyed” about when other applicants don’t meet requirements - more so a challenge to encourage fellow applicants to do better!

Most of the time, the people applying are quite young and will just be doing it out of excitement - we don’t want to completely police the applications so that you cannot submit an application if it doesn’t meet requirements; as another huge aspect of being considered suitable would be that you’ve shown you’ve went out of your way to read, understand and meet (or better yet, exceed) the requirements.
Yes, I wasn't saying that the requirements should change (while that may be good). I was saying that the forum applications should be set up so that its not physically possible to make an app if they don't have 20+ posts and its not physically possible to submit app once written unless it is 700+ words.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
Yes, I wasn't saying that the requirements should change (while that may be good). I was saying that the forum applications should be set up so that its not physically possible to make an app if they don't have 20+ posts and its not physically possible to submit app once written unless it is 700+ words.
Like I mentioned, the forums post isn't the most necessary thing and in some cases can be overlooked so this wouldn't be the most necessary change. :D As for making it impossible to submit the application without 700+ words, I'm not too sure how possible this would be.

Cryst3al

ELITE
Cryst3al
Cryst3al
ELITE
Ratings
13 3
Like I mentioned, the forums post isn't the most necessary thing and in some cases can be overlooked so this wouldn't be the most necessary change. :D As for making it impossible to submit the application without 700+ words, I'm not too sure how possible this would be.
Yes it would be hard but I'm sure that it could be made using code.