Rejected Staff Apreciation (Part 1)

Will this be used for parkour

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a parkour i made that shows a few of the staffs. It lets people get to know who they r and to look out for them on the server. :) since this server woulding exist without the staffs and xDacon( more staffs coming soon)

Attachments

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
I like the theme of this, but if we look at this realistically you just copied their heads and made a parkour out of it. Though I will not review this map, not because I do not think it is good, but because I do not really review maps of this sort, I will let the others review it. Thank you.

Angel_Scarz

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
35 109
We already have a 'all staff head' parkour.. In hard the theme has been used so i think it should be rejected. Please Think of another theme that has not been used.

I am not staff.. this is just my honest answer about this parkour map and it is true

Last edited:

PrestonTheSlime

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
97 13
Hello Snowypup,
Your map has been denied for the following reasons
Theme- The theme not well built re-used theme. The heads were just copied with no other map detail. The layout of your map caused you to use tons of barriers which isn't nice for players. Further explanation in Jumps.

Jumps- While the jump difficulty was nice for a medium map. You marked it as an easy with clay instead of wool. The variation in parkour was nice to see. Your use of barriers scared me while playing this map. They are placed in unnecessary locations at times and some that the player would not be able to see affected the play of the map http://i.imgur.com/UlGvCwz.png this example shows where a player will hit their head but most won't know until they do it 3-4 times. Another example can be seen here http://i.imgur.com/fmpY6Ab.png where it seems you tried to prevent a skip by over placing barriers (the skip is still possible btw). My point being try to limit your barrier placement as much as possible because it's not fair to be going through a map then just hit invisible air. These can easily be replaced with something like glass or could be completely avoided by having nice placement of your parkour.

Integration- Integration is combining the theme and jumps to create a whole. Integration was not done properly here as most of the parkour was floating due to there not being anything else built besides the heads.

If you wish to improve upon your map then resubmit it you are welcome to do so.
Thank you for your submission,
-Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.