Last edited:

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
I recommend you look at the map submission format, because you haven't said the number of jumps, added any photos or given the judges a plot where your map is.

Bootz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
kaama
kaama
ELITE
Ratings
98 5
Hi,

just a small thing but for the checkpoints to work you need to put : '[Checkpoint]' on the second line of the sign.

Good luck with your submission!

Bootz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
kaama
kaama
ELITE
Ratings
98 5
I thought they said to leave Checkpoint on the 1st line and nothing else.
you should place the checkpoint signs where you want the checkpoints to be, as it is your map you can decide where they go and how you want the map to play!

Hayleyx

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Hayleyx
Hayleyx
Senior Mod
Ratings
490 22
Hi Im not a map judge so this is just my opinion ><

The theme is unoriginal as we have many maps based on the star wars theme.
The Build of your map is an issue. The outside of the parkour isn't aesthetically pleasing, Both the inside of your build and the outside of your build needs to have detail, texture and depth which neither have. Try having a main build with a main island to path your parkour around so you can add the details this build is missing.
The parkour fits the length and difficulty of an easy map which is great. Sadly the parkour is lacking variation, the parkour consists of normal jumps only. Try adding more variance such as heads, ladders, fences, iron bars, water etc.

guyseth

Dedicated Member
PATRON
guyseth
guyseth
Patron
Ratings
108 3
Hi Im not a map judge so this is just my opinion ><

The theme is unoriginal as we have many maps based on the star wars theme.
The Build of your map is an issue. The outside of the parkour isn't aesthetically pleasing, Both the inside of your build and the outside of your build needs to have detail, texture and depth which neither have. Try having a main build with a main island to path your parkour around so you can add the details this build is missing.
The parkour fits the length and difficulty of an easy map which is great. Sadly the parkour is lacking variation, the parkour consists of normal jumps only. Try adding more variance such as heads, ladders, fences, iron bars, water etc.
damn hayley no mercy

MarvelFamily

Forum Expert
ELITE
MarvelFamily
MarvelFamily
ELITE
Ratings
70 2
Elijah, I am gonna warn the judges will probably reject this map fixes might have to be for a resubmission.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello __Elijah__,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we have many Star Wars themed maps already on the server (AT-AT, DeathStarPK). When you make a map, be sure to choose a unique theme! A list of all previously used themes can be found here.
The build is also an issue; it's unattractive from the outside and very plain from the inside. Outside of the sand section, your map feels like going through a sea of iron blocks and quartz. When you make a map, be sure to make an attractive build with lots of detail!
The parkour is my main issue. For starters, it is literally impossible for people using the recommended version, 1.8.9. The third jump is only doable in 1.9+, which makes it an issue, since parkour has to be doable in 1.8.9 as well as 1.9+. It's also too short for the easy difficulty and I felt like I was going through a story instead of playing a parkour map. It was also extremely boring and repetitive, as you've only used one kind of block for every section outside of the start, and it felt too easy. When you make parkour, be sure to use different block types (slimes, ladders, fences) and different jump types (head-hitters, 3-block), as well as making it fitting for the difficulty and versions used on parkour.[Lofi]

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.