Suggestion: A Moderation technique.

Quintum

VIP
Quintum_
Quintum_
VIP
Ratings
82 7
On parkour, there is the problem of people joining the server just to annoy other people. Mods help, but it is impossible to have a moderator on at all times. My solution is to have an illusion of having many mods online, even when there are no mods. Random people who have god rankup or above will sometimes be randomly selected to have Mod rank. The fake mod rank would be in red, not pink so experienced players would know the difference. At least 3-5 fake mod ranks will be distributed at any given time so there is the illusion of constant moderation. People who don't want this would be able to type a command, or contact staff to be removed from the random selection. I think that doing this could help stop the endless spam and chat flame.

Icebarge

ELITE
Icebarge
Icebarge
ELITE
Ratings
Hi Quintum!

I've been playing parkour for a little bit now and I'll agree that the chat can sometimes be an issue for those who don't already have it turned off! I do see the advantages of making the server appear to be constantly moderated, and I do think should this be implemented would make players who intend to troll chat think twice before starting and I can see some other benefits as well.

That being said the main problem I have with this idea is that it would just be confusing. I think the idea of making the mod tag red is a good approach to causing less confusion, however I see the possibility of new players who want help are going to be messaging these non-staff players for staff-related reasons. People who received the tag would also be able to easily exploit this to troll other players as well, and while I'm not suggesting that anyone would of course, the possibility would exist.

I personally think that a more permanent solution would be simply to have more staff for the server, as the parkour server does appear to be still growing as seen by the increased player limit. While there is potential in having false staff tags, even with the false colour I can still see this causing issues, but either way I think the idea is pretty smart!

These are just my thoughts! A thread like this probably belongs in the suggestions section since it's more of a suggestion as opposed to discussion. Also If you havn't already you can add your submission on https://suggestions.manacube.com/ for more feedback from players!

Thanks for reading, and have a great day,

-Icebarge

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I am sorry Quintum, but this is just not a good idea. Players would be able to abuse this mod power in malicious ways. On top of that, players that are given the fake mod tag do not have the proper training that the actual mods have to handle the moderation of chat. This is a misrepresentation of the values of Manacube's staff team which gives newer players a distorted view of how the supposed staff team handles situations in chat. Also, just cause you don't see a mod on the tab list, doesn't mean they aren't online. /vanish exists

Creeper_Man2005

VIP
DinoDanny
DinoDanny
VIP
Ratings
I am sorry Quintum, but this is just not a good idea. Players would be able to abuse this mod power in malicious ways. On top of that, players that are given the fake mod tag do not have the proper training that the actual mods have to handle the moderation of chat. This is a misrepresentation of the values of Manacube's staff team which gives newer players a distorted view of how the supposed staff team handles situations in chat. Also, just cause you don't see a mod on the tab list, doesn't mean they aren't online. /vanish exists
I don't believe that he means to give the players the power of a mod, but to just give them to title to ward off trolls

Creeper_Man2005

VIP
DinoDanny
DinoDanny
VIP
Ratings
I think this would work great, or they could just recruit more staff members to better the chance of at least one member being on at all times.

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I don't believe that he means to give the players the power of a mod, but to just give them to title to ward off trolls
The fact that people can pretend to be a mod is power in itself and if people say stupid stuff as a pretend mod as people might do because they don't the training nor have they been approved for the role, it looks bad on the staff team as a whole to newer players.

xDovo

MVP+
Beryze
Beryze
MVP+
Ratings
The fact that people can pretend to be a mod is power in itself and if people say stupid stuff as a pretend mod as people might do because they don't the training nor have they been approved for the role, it looks bad on the staff team as a whole to newer players.
I agree, people could abuse this. I would say perhaps, if they do other players can report them for abusing/trolling with the fake Mod tag. But this then becomes a problem with if the reports are legitimate and trustworthy. So in conclusion, I don't believe this idea would bring more good than bad in my opinion.

Incompleteekoala

Dedicated Member
ELITE
InCompleteeKoala
InCompleteeKoala
ELITE
Ratings
I agree, people could abuse this. I would say perhaps, if they do other players can report them for abusing/trolling with the fake Mod tag. But this then becomes a problem with if the reports are legitimate and trustworthy. So in conclusion, I don't believe this idea would bring more good than bad in my opinion.
So what if an alternative to this would be to have more parkour staff. I know there are a lot of staff the play parkour but sometimes there are only 1-2 staff online. What about getting some more staff the really only play on parkour then they would have the training and the title to ward off the trolls.

I know this isn't the greatest option and I know that the staff applications are very thorough and take time, but what about having some more staff on parkour, this could potentially help the problem you speak of.

xDovo

MVP+
Beryze
Beryze
MVP+
Ratings
So what if an alternative to this would be to have more parkour staff. I know there are a lot of staff the play parkour but sometimes there are only 1-2 staff online. What about getting some more staff the really only play on parkour then they would have the training and the title to ward off the trolls.

I know this isn't the greatest option and I know that the staff applications are very thorough and take time, but what about having some more staff on parkour, this could potentially help the problem you speak of.
Yes I believe more staff is really the only solution I can think of. I actually have been thinking about applying for parkour staff, so I may help resolve this issue somewhat.