MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Add an option to ignore messages sent by anyone new. Recently, I've noticed an influx of alts being general nuisances (spamming racial slurs, spoiling End Game, etc). If we could ignore these new players, 95% of this would be prevented. This would only apply to those with either under an hour of playtime or a tier 1 rank (such as Noob on parkour).

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,331 82
While I see your point, I think this would just be unfair. Not every new player that joins is joining to post spoilers, use hate speech, advertise or spam, some like to ask questions when they join so they get a better understanding of the server, and are able to progress.
I think if new players were ignored/unable to speak when they join, it’d just chase them away from ManaCube, as they may think “only donators can speak” or “No one is answering my questions”.

The /ignore command exists so you can ignore players if you don’t wish to see what they’re saying, and if they are advertising or using hate speech, etc. basically breaking any of the chat rules, it means players can screenshot and report to staff if there are none online at the time it happens.

I do appreciate your suggestion though, and will advise you to post it on Feature Upvote so more people can give feedback and support it.
https://manacube.featureupvote.com

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
While I see your point, I think this would just be unfair. Not every new player that joins is joining to post spoilers, use hate speech, advertise or spam, some like to ask questions when they join so they get a better understanding of the server, and are able to progress.
I think if new players were ignored/unable to speak when they join, it’d just chase them away from ManaCube, as they may think “only donators can speak” or “No one is answering my questions”.

The /ignore command exists so you can ignore players if you don’t wish to see what they’re saying, and if they are advertising or using hate speech, etc. basically breaking any of the chat rules, it means players can screenshot and report to staff if there are none online at the time it happens.

I do appreciate your suggestion though, and will advise you to post it on Feature Upvote so more people can give feedback and support it.
https://manacube.featureupvote.com
It'd only be an option, and it could also be based on playtime. A normal player can wait 10 minutes, but someone spamming slurs/spoilers on alts is only there to do as much damage as quickly as possible, and they most likely won't wait the ten minutes. Ignoring/getting them muted does nothing, because these people buy NFA accounts for 2c each, hundreds/thousands at a time.

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,331 82
Ignoring/getting them muted does nothing, because these people buy NFA accounts for 2c each, hundreds/thousands at a time.
Well, I’ve personally never seen someone do this with chat offences, besides when using bots, which if someone joins and uses bots, the bots are permanently IP banned.

If in the rare occasion someone does decide to evade their mute, then that account will also be muted for the same length of time, if it continues then eventually they’ll work themselves up to a mute or depending on the severity, an IP ban.

As for your suggestion however, I do see your point, I just think limiting when players are allowed to use chat upon joining may be unfair, especially if they don’t know where to go or what to do on the gamemode they’re on.

LiterallyJack

ELITE
LiterallyJack
LiterallyJack
ELITE
Ratings
41 3
Add an option to ignore messages sent by anyone new. Recently, I've noticed an influx of alts being general nuisances (spamming racial slurs, spoiling End Game, etc). If we could ignore these new players, 95% of this would be prevented. This would only apply to those with either under an hour of playtime or a tier 1 rank (such as Noob on parkour).
I understand what you mean MCBYT, we did get an issue with a bot attack yesterday due to 1 person getting a mute for spam and thinking he can just go on loads of alts. We did deal with this and cleared chat to prevent anyone who has not seen the movie yet from seeing the spoilers. I agree it is annoying but it happens.

As @Hallowqueen suggested, you can use https://manacube.featureupvote.com to suggest anything you believe should be added.

Thank you for reading,

~ Jack [GingerNinjaJ]

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Well, I’ve personally never seen someone do this with chat offences, besides when using bots, which if someone joins and uses bots, the bots are permanently IP banned.

If in the rare occasion someone does decide to evade their mute, then that account will also be muted for the same length of time, if it continues then eventually they’ll work themselves up to a mute or depending on the severity, an IP ban.

As for your suggestion however, I do see your point, I just think limiting when players are allowed to use chat upon joining may be unfair, especially if they don’t know where to go or what to do on the gamemode they’re on.
VPNs, my friend. And I don't know about other servers, but I've never seen someone get muted on Parkour and NOT evade it. But yes, I get it can be unfair which is why I suggest to keep it short.
I understand what you mean MCBYT, we did get an issue with a bot attack yesterday due to 1 person getting a mute for spam and thinking he can just go on loads of alts. We did deal with this and cleared chat to prevent anyone who has not seen the movie yet from seeing the spoilers. I agree it is annoying but it happens.

As @Hallowqueen suggested, you can use https://manacube.featureupvote.com to suggest anything you believe should be added.

Thank you for reading,

~ Jack [GingerNinjaJ]
Didn't know there was a proper site for it, will do!