Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfAndRyan

ELITE
WolfAndRyan
WolfAndRyan
ELITE
Ratings
Hey! This would by my first accepted map if it gets accepted. Do not hesitate to play the map and reply for the feedback!

Map Name: Superhot
Difficulty: Insane
Creator: WolfAndRyan
Plot: /plot v wolfandryan 7

Last edited:

Dooble

Dedicated Member
QA Team
doobix
doobix
QA Team
Ratings
246 9
this map looks hot

super hot

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Accurately named +1

can't speak for the parkour right now but I'll peep when I'm home and edit :eyes:

EDIT! HI I FINALLY LOOKED AT IT:

Taking a peek at the map itself, it feels like a good start but definitely needs some polishing on the build. There's no texture on the build essentially at all, and I feel like there's some issues with scale.

The map also feels pretty empty because of the way you've chosen to path the parkour. You have tons of empty space yet decided that checkpoint regrabs are the way to go...this path doesn't suit how large and spacious the map is where you could've had a much more clear and decisive path that explores the massive build much more. The floating path definitely takes away from the build rather than contributes to it, and makes the parkour unenjoyable.

I also feel that the "puzzle" at the end isn't much of a puzzle, just a bunch of running? It feels a bit pointless because there isn't even any parkour involved. It just feels like it is a bit of a time waster for speedrunners that doesn't seem enjoyable at all.

tl;dr, add some texture to the build, I would honestly restructure the parkour altogether to explore more of the build, and rethink the puzzle...puzzles in my book should involve parkour in some way and this one just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello WolfAndRyan,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, so well done there.
The build is slightly accurate to what you were going for. However, it is very untextured, making it look very plain.
The parkour has some variation throughout, so well done there. However, the actual parkour feels very unfun. It's too hard for an insane at the present time. In addition to this, the puzzle is quite underwhelming and just ruins the flow of the map.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.