Rejected tempis map submisson (medium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • tigger101010
  • tempis
  • id -100 -19
  • Difficulty (Medium)
  • Number of jumps 50-100
  • im sorry if I made a mistake I have no clue how some commands work I have no clue how to make it so the person is in survival and not creative no clue how to get barrier blocks etc but if you can tell me if you need help or if you find a checky spot to cheat the parkcore

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey tigger101010,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: I'll be honest, I don't really understand the theme you got going on here. But, it seems to be a map centered around ruins of some sort. So, since we have our fair share of ruins-related maps, this map is pretty unoriginal. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: To be quite frank, I really don't like the build. It's just messy cobblestone ruins and a tower (sort of?). It's not appealing to the eyes. There's no focus, it's just all cluttered with no purpose. And, besides its messiness, it's not very attractive either. There's definitely a lot to be done with it to put it in an acceptable state.
  • Parkour: The parkour was far too long for a medium, even if the difficulty was somewhat suited for it. We're looking at a range of 40-60 jumps for a medium, 100 is way past that. So, you really need to cut back on a lot of jumps. Furthermore, the parkour was so confusing to do. I didn't know where I had to go most of the time, so it's possible I just skipped portions of it (utilize more signs, carpets, and /barrier 's ). And, the parkour was very repetitive. The greatest example of this being the ladder tower. It was just ladder jumps for like 30 jumps. That's not enjoyable. You need to be more creative.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.