Rejected The 5 Block Jump

Status
Not open for further replies.
The map features a 5 block jump, and would be rated as a Expert or above on the difficulty scale. The theme of this map, is Momentum, and how you can use it to make impossible jumps, possible. The Map is short, but unforgiving. The creator of this map is Pites_The_kid95. My youtube channel is youtube.com/Pites1122 where i can post a video proving that all jumps are possible if needed.

Attachments

Ratings
Sorry mate, but this is a -1 for me.

There are 3 reasons that it is a -1 for me:
1.) There is no clear theme is this map. You mentioned the theme Momentum, but that theme isn't really clear and it could be argued that the theme of all maps is momentum because you need momentum in some sort of way, so in my opinion this is not a real theme.
2.) Floating Parkour. In case you were not aware of this, floating parkour is a big downside in Manacube parkour. Although in the guidelines it says that the map is preferred over a void environment, the actual parkour doesn't have to be directly over the void.
3.) Block Variety. In your map, you only use stone bricks and ladders in your parkour. In an ideal map, you would have items like fences, trapdoors, heads, and other unique blocks.

*Note: This is not an official staff review. This is just my opinion.

Keep on trying!

Sorry mate, but this is a -1 for me.

There are 3 reasons that it is a -1 for me:
1.) There is no clear theme is this map. You mentioned the theme Momentum, but that theme isn't really clear and it could be argued that the theme of all maps is momentum because you need momentum in some sort of way, so in my opinion this is not a real theme.
2.) Floating Parkour. In case you were not aware of this, floating parkour is a big downside in Manacube parkour. Although in the guidelines it says that the map is preferred over a void environment, the actual parkour doesn't have to be directly over the void.
3.) Block Variety. In your map, you only use stone bricks and ladders in your parkour. In an ideal map, you would have items like fences, trapdoors, heads, and other unique blocks.

*Note: This is not an official staff review. This is just my opinion.

Keep on trying!
I forgot to add a screenshot of the inside of the building, so here are a few.

Attachments

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello,

This map is being rejected. There isn't really a build or a theme. The parkour is extremely repetitive and unbalanced. Most of it is easy with some random difficult jumps. The five block jump is barely a five block jump and it has plenty of unnecessary momentum. Overall, there isn't really a build or a theme and the parkour is repetitive and unbalanced.

Thank you for submitting this map!
If you have any questions, you may DM me on here, in game, or on discord!

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.