Rejected The Adventure - Insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: CactusPL
Map name: The Adventure
Difficulty: Insane
Number of jumps: 75
Warp: My (CactusPL) plot no. 1

Description: Main theme is adventure, coming back from abandoned cave to your house. It's not that long but jumps are technically very hard. Everything is built by me. I think it's perfectly fits as insane even with less jumps. If it would be fine I can change it a little bit to Expert. There is no barriers, also no shortcuts, but two easter eggs :D Hope you like it!
Zrzut ekranu z 2020-06-26 22-11-41.png
Zrzut ekranu z 2020-06-26 22-12-28.png
Zrzut ekranu z 2020-06-26 22-12-38.png
Zrzut ekranu z 2020-06-26 22-12-54.png
Zrzut ekranu z 2020-06-26 22-13-11.png
Zrzut ekranu z 2020-06-26 22-13-27.png
Zrzut ekranu z 2020-06-26 22-13-39.png

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey CactusPL,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have our fair share of adventure/story-related maps on our server, I really don't think this is an original map submission. It can even be grouped up with the floating island category. It's just not something new.
  • Build: The build is not very good due to two reasons: basicness and parkour integration. It's comprised of a house and a cave which are both very poorly detailed. They're just your average build that's been done before. And, its attractiveness is hindered greatly by the amount of floating parkour. You need to integrate your parkour with your build so that it compliments it.
  • Parkour: The parkour is way too short (we're looking for there to be 100-120 jumps) and easy for an insane. You definitely have to add more jumps and buff the overall difficulty of the parkour. It felt really easy at times and harder in others. It's all about finding that equilibrium. Furthermore, I found the parkour to be pretty repetitive at times. For example: the cave part is mostly just cobble walls and the outside grass/dirt segment. They're just repetitive and prove to be a boring experience. You need to use a wider variety of jumps/blocks in your parkour so that it is enjoyable to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.