Rejected The Big Oak Tree - Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Name - Frrossty
  • Map name - The Big Oak Tree
  • Warp - 96:-23
  • Difficulty - Easy
Minecraft 1.15.2 - Multiplayer (3rd-party) 6_6_2020 12_00_59 PM.png Minecraft 1.15.2 - Multiplayer (3rd-party) 6_6_2020 12_01_20 PM.png Minecraft 1.15.2 - Multiplayer (3rd-party) 6_6_2020 12_01_37 PM.png Minecraft 1.15.2 - Multiplayer (3rd-party) 6_6_2020 12_02_42 PM.png

I hope this can get accepted!

Last edited:

LovelyLing

ELITE
Lovelyling
Lovelyling
ELITE
Ratings
18 2
Hi Frrossty! Im here to give you some feedback of what I think of your map. Please note that I am not a judge and my opinion has no affect on the final decision.

1-Originality || The idea is not very good. The theme "earth" doesn't really go with what you have built. You could've made an earth itself but this theme looks more like a tree. The theme of "tree" has been taken many, many times so I would say that the theme is unoriginal.

2- Build || The build is actually not that great. I don't think it represents the theme earth and i'm not really sure what those builds are in the back. Also the tree could be a little more detailed.

3- Parkour || I found the parkour to be very messy and unorganized. I didn't really know where to go. The jumps were very repetitive as you only used wood, wool, and dirt. You should add more like pots, or anvils, or heads, or vines! Make it interesting!

All in all nice job making the map. This was not to hurt your feelings in any way. just a heads up! Good luck!

Hi Frrossty! Im here to give you some feedback of what I think of your map. Please note that I am not a judge and my opinion has no affect on the final decision.

1-Originality || The idea is not very good. The theme "earth" doesn't really go with what you have built. You could've made an earth itself but this theme looks more like a tree. The theme of "tree" has been taken many, many times so I would say that the theme is unoriginal.

2- Build || The build is actually not that great. I don't think it represents the theme earth and i'm not really sure what those builds are in the back. Also the tree could be a little more detailed.

3- Parkour || I found the parkour to be very messy and unorganized. I didn't really know where to go. The jumps were very repetitive as you only used wood, wool, and dirt. You should add more like pots, or anvils, or heads, or vines! Make it interesting!

All in all nice job making the map. This was not to hurt your feelings in any way. just a heads up! Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback! I added a little underground room, vines, and made it easier to tell where to go, I also added different jumps like fence jumps and ladder jumps so its not just normal jumps. I think its a bit better now. Thanks!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Frrossty,

It pains me to have to tell you that I will be REJECTING your map.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of maps themed after trees, wood, or forests, this map is not original at all. I highly suggest that in the future you look at this document (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit) when picking out a theme for your map.
  • Build: The build just isn't very good as it's highly unimaginative and bland. It's just a floating tree with dirt platforms and wool clouds surrounding it. We've seen it before. In the end, t's just not a very attractive build.
  • Parkour: The PK's length and difficulty definitely fit the easy difficulty, it's short and easy. The main issues I had with the parkour were how repetitive it was. There were too many identical segments where it would just be fence jumps or slab jumps or the like. Please make sure to use a variety of blocks/jumps when building parkour so that it is enjoyable for the player to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.