Rejected The Giving Tree - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map Creator: Jtrainbrand
Map Name: The Giving Tree
/plot home Jtrainbrand 1
Map difficulty: Medium
Theme: Home sweet home

This is my first map submission! If you have any criticisms please do tell me and I will try my best to improve the map!
2020-06-22_23.28.33.png
2020-06-22_23.28.33.png
2020-06-22_23.29.02.png
2020-06-22_23.28.19.png

celestiiia

Forum Expert
PATRON+
celestiiia
celestiiia
Patron
Ratings
150 3
Hello Jtrainbrand, this is just my opinion of your map, and not the official review.

The theme: The theme is unoriginal in my opinion. Although there may not be a map dedicated specifically to the giving tree, there are plenty that revolve around a tree, or trees, and many many floating islands maps.
The build: To be completely honest it's basic and unattractive. The tree is quite literally a bonemealed spruce sapling and shows little effort. I also feel that given the theme the tree should at least play a bigger part in the build.
The parkour: Again, basic, mostly small floating island jumps, and little block variation has been used throughout. I'm not sure it's suitable for the medium difficulty either, more appropriate as an easy map

To improve your map I'd suggest redoing the build to be one main, central object, with a more thoughtfully built tree- perhaps build it in the tree's signature shape, with the branch on the left hanging down. I would also say a revamp of the parkour is necessary.
Good Luck!

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello Jtrainbrand! Unfortunately, I will be rejecting your map.

The parkour fits Medium well in terms of length/difficulty, but it's very repetitive. Try adding more types of jumps in (ladders, heads, ice, soul sand, slime, walls, vines, etc)

The build is very basic, and as mentioned by Cele, your theme only takes up a very small part of the map (and is naturally generated by Minecraft, rather than custom-built and detailed)

The theme is highly unoriginal, as we already have many, many maps based on trees, houses, and/or floating islands. Make sure to search the Parkour List to make sure your maps are original!

Thank you for submitting! We hope to see more maps from you in the future. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me on Discord at MCBYT#2023.​

Status
Not open for further replies.