Rejected The Hidden Cavern - Hard/Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Pretty new to the server, but spent the weekend building a parkour course that I think looks pretty good. :) Here's the info:

Username: Becology (on Minecraft too)
Map Name: The Hidden Cavern
Difficulty: Hard/Expert (idk for sure)
Number of Checkpoints: 5
Number of Jumps: ~70-75

Imgur link to photos

Hope you enjoy! :D

Cool map, and some really cool builds inside. But you'd have to remove the single iron bar, you can see it in the first picture. But other than that, I checked out the map and it looks pretty nice

Cool map, and some really cool builds inside. But you'd have to remove the single iron bar, you can see it in the first picture. But other than that, I checked out the map and it looks pretty nice
Ok fixed! Thank you!

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello Becology! Unfortunately, your map has been rejected.

The theme of caves/caverns has been done many times before, and is not original. Make sure to check the parkour list to see what maps have been already been done before!

The parkour is fun and suitably long for a hard. However, there are a few jumps that are far too hard for a hard map (such as your 6 block momentum jump), and I've included some screenshots.
2020-01-27_18.58.44.png
2020-01-27_19.02.46.png

There are also a plethora of skips in this room, because lava doesn't deal damage (so you can swim up the pool to other parts of the parkour).
2020-01-27_18.58.29.png

Finally, the map is mostly well-varied, but there are spots where it gets repetitive with many normal/ladder jumps in a row.

The build is well done, and is very well terraformed (although I think a bit more detail may be nice).

Thank you for submitting, and we hope to see more maps from you in the future!​

Status
Not open for further replies.