The Lag of Death

Ratings
So I am having a reoccurring issue with lag. I (as do many other people) suffer from chronic lag on Creative, however, right now, the lag is so real that I actually cannot move nor talk nor exit the server without having to restart my computer.

Please halp meh,
I cri evrtym,
~ Char
(and yes, I know this is an absolutely and incredibly stupid question, but still, I am noob)

Ratings
Sounds like a client sided problem if you are lagging so bad that you can't press esc and leave. There are many things that could be causing your lag, are you getting any error messages in your logs? Do you only lag in the creative server?

Have you tried the following:
  • Updating Java
  • Checked Minecraft for Memory Issues
  • Clean installing the game? (Removing the .minecraft folder/ re-downloading client)
  • Checked your ping/internet connection to the server?
  • Checked your Minecraft Logs for errors. (Said above ^ but important imo).
If you need any further help feel free to PM me and I can help you get it figured out. There are so many things that cause lag, I can try to help you narrow it down.

Oh also, when you freeze, press CRT+ALT+DEL and open up task manager and try to "End Task" on Minecraft/Java processes. That should have to stop you from shutting your PC off.

Ratings
Sounds like a client sided problem if you are lagging so bad that you can't press esc and leave. There are many things that could be causing your lag, are you getting any error messages in your logs? Do you only lag in the creative server?

Have you tried the following:
  • Updating Java
  • Checked Minecraft for Memory Issues
  • Clean installing the game? (Removing the .minecraft folder/ re-downloading client)
  • Checked your ping/internet connection to the server?
  • Checked your Minecraft Logs for errors. (Said above ^ but important imo).
If you need any further help feel free to PM me and I can help you get it figured out. There are so many things that cause lag, I can try to help you narrow it down.

Oh also, when you freeze, press CRT+ALT+DEL and open up task manager and try to "End Task" on Minecraft/Java processes. That should have to stop you from shutting your PC off.
Thank you for trying to help me! I just deleted the minecraft folder and redownloaded it, then updated Java. Still don't know why this is happening, but at least I can see the chat talking. I suppose that's a good thing..