Rejected The land of the mushrooms (medium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ_billyboy

The land of the mushrooms

1601143467006.png

1601143613611.png

1601143781534.png

/plot home 1

Medium

Note: I didn't know there was another mushroom map until after the completion of it.

alexbuffet

ELITE
alexbuffet
alexbuffet
ELITE
Ratings
Hey great to see you submitting, I will be giving this submission a -1 for the following reasons.

The Submission:
Few problems with the submission, you didn't put the right warp name for the warp. Next time instead of /plot home since that is only for you put /plot visit (username) (plot number), Secondly, you didn't put the number of jumps, I counted and it comes out to about 90 jumps which are way too long for a medium map and more in the range of an expert map. Please next refer to the Map Submission Guidelines at the top of the Map Submissions page.

The Build:
The theme itself is pretty original and there have only been a few maps focusing on mushrooms, the build, however, needs improvement. It does not have the main build and most of it consists of just floating mushroom blocks and a line of blocks. Please try to focus your parkour around a build such as a large mushroom island. The water parts are very annoying as it takes a while to swim up them consider removing them.

The Parkour:
The parkour also needs improvement, it isn't varied and needs more than just head hitters, fences, and 4 block jumps, the map has the difficulty of an easy map with the length of an expert. Please consider making the map shorter and adding more varied jumps using blocks such as vines, ladders, and heads.

Please use this reply has a way to make your map better and hopefully, it will get submitted when improved. Have a nice day! :)

Hey great to see you submitting, I will be giving this submission a -1 for the following reasons.

The Submission:
Few problems with the submission, you didn't put the right warp name for the warp. Next time instead of /plot home since that is only for you put /plot visit (username) (plot number), Secondly, you didn't put the number of jumps, I counted and it comes out to about 90 jumps which are way too long for a medium map and more in the range of an expert map. Please next refer to the Map Submission Guidelines at the top of the Map Submissions page.

The Build:
The theme itself is pretty original and there have only been a few maps focusing on mushrooms, the build, however, needs improvement. It does not have the main build and most of it consists of just floating mushroom blocks and a line of blocks. Please try to focus your parkour around a build such as a large mushroom island. The water parts are very annoying as it takes a while to swim up them consider removing them.

The Parkour:
The parkour also needs improvement, it isn't varied and needs more than just head hitters, fences, and 4 block jumps, the map has the difficulty of an easy map with the length of an expert. Please consider making the map shorter and adding more varied jumps using blocks such as vines, ladders, and heads.

Please use this reply has a way to make your map better and hopefully, it will get submitted when improved. Have a nice day! :)
Honestly thanks for the feedback this is the first map I've ever made and thought the block count was optional! anyway thanks again

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Unfortunately I will be REJECTING this map submission. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme isn't great as there is already a Mushroom-themed map (Mushroom). Make sure you check the parkour list before making a map so you know that what you're building is original.
Build: The build wasn't great. Try making one main build that represents your theme instead of having a bunch of mushrooms with some mycelium. The various grounds of your build are floating and don't really make much sense together, and the mushrooms themselves are very plain - try to incorporate more detail into your builds instead of mushroom blocks, mycelium, and fences.
Parkour: The parkour was very confusing. You can fix that by adding some instructional signs around your map to make sure that people know where to go next. The parkour was also very repetitive due to the limited amount of blocks you used in the build - try to add some jumps that use water, flower pots, lilypads, anvils, glass panes, etc. to give your parkour variety and make it more fun and interesting to play. Also, make sure that you are building parkour that is possible in 1.8.9, as I found these two jumps on your map that are impossible (https://prnt.sc/urjywu and https://prnt.sc/urjz50).

I hope to see more map submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.