Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
  • Username: wasd_qwerty
  • Map name : The Minecraft Laboratory
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it : 31; -103
  • Difficulty : Easy
  • Number of jumps ~32
  • Within this laboratory, there is a simulation of a sideways Minecraft world for the player to parkour through
  • 1595225682982.png
    1595225709356.png
    1595225726754.png
    1595225738728.png

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey wasd_qwerty,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we already have some laboratory-related maps currently on our server, this is a pretty unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. The exterior of the build does not convey your theme and is not attractive. I just don't see how this really long cylinder and the two squares next to it. which are all pretty poorly shaped, are supposed to represent the outside of a laboratory. Furthermore, the interior is not well-executed either as its contents are just the parkour (which is not pretty). There's a lot of things that have to be done with the build.
  • Parkour: The parkour was both long enough and easy enough for the easy difficulty (even if it could just be a tiny bit harder). My main issue with the parkour was how repetitive and straight forward it felt. Sure, you used a lot of different blocks for your parkour, but, you didn't utilize a whole bunch of jumps (or, at least, not a lot of different jumps consecutively). You'd use the same jump back to back (be it a hh or a fence jump). Try to be more creative and use different jumps most of the time, as using the same old same old gets boring.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luc

Status
Not open for further replies.