Rejected The NETHER lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: The NETHER Lands.
Difficulty: Hard/Expert. (im not sure, im not really good at rating my own maps a difficulty)
Creator: jonesvv8
Plot: /plot v jonesvv8
Jumps: 84 (Correct me if im wrong)
Checkpoints: 8
Theme: Nether

The map is 111 blocks wide

this is my first map ever. I tried my best. I'm not exactly facing a specific difficulty, I just build maps for fun :)
Tips Will be Gladly appreciated :)

I don't think there are any bugs in this map, but correct me if im wrong.

Attachments

Quintum

VIP
Quintum_
Quintum_
VIP
Ratings
82 7
Build: 3/5
There is some build, but it doesn't look like days of effort
Parkour: 1.75/5
The parkour was quite repetative with only basic jumps and ladder jumps

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey jonesvv8,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of nether-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. By just taking a quick look, the build looks like your run-of-the-mill nether themed map. There's a severe lack of ingenuity. Furthermore, it wasn't executed very well either. The exterior is not attractive in the slightest as it's just a gigantic box and nothing more. Then, the interior is completely empty except for the floating parkour and tiny nether fortress you made. You need to make use of your space and make it attractive as well, these are crucial for a good build.
  • Parkour: The parkour was fitting for the hard difficulty in both length and difficulty, even if it was easy at times. But, it was not enjoyable to do at all as you utilized a lot of the same jumps/blocks throughout your map. The greatest example of this is the beginning part where you're just doing 3b's/4b's back to back for like 12 jumps. That's not fun to do. We want you to use a bunch of different jumps (and blocks can help with this as well) so that it's varied and refreshing to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.