Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Prologue: The Story Of Shadowbane
A long time ago in the magical world of Antica, there was a young boy named Shadow. Shadow was not an ordinary boy. He wasn't born with one power like everyone else. He was born none. He was often teased and harassed for being lame. A few years later when he was 17, Shadow discovered a magical gemstone under the mountains. He discovered that it could take magic out of the world and give it to him instead. He used it one day and was consumed by a desire of power. It drained the magic out of Antica. He became all powerful until he was defeated by a boy named Adrian by throwing Shadow's magical spell book into the sea. Rumor has it that the spell book wasn't destroyed and that the only way to truly defeat Shadowbane was to destroy it forever.

Chapter 1

Holly was lying on her back. Staring at the ceiling. All her friends were on vacation and she was very bored.

"Holly!," She heard her mom shout.

"What is it?," She yelled back.

"Can you go get the mail while I cook dinner?"

"I'm coming!"

Holly hopped off her bed and walked down the stairs, heading outside. She opened the dark blue mailbox and pulled out the mail. There was an envelope that said,

To: Holly Mitchell

Holly opened it up.

Dear Holly,

We have selected you for the exclusive Camp Starlight! A camp for young people with magical powers! The bus will depart June 12th at 10:00 am at Wyvernstone station. We are excited to have you!

Sincerely, Oliver Myers

Holly ran into the house and heading toward the kitchen.

"Mom! Look at this!," she shouted, jabbing the envelope at her mother. Her mom opened the envelope and read through it, with a bewildered expression on her face.

"Holly, there's something I need to tell you."

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed chapter 1! In the next chapter, Holly's mom will tell her!

Chapter 2
"Long ago," her mom began, "Antica was full of magic. Everyone had a power. Except for a boy named Shadow. He was teased for not having any. So one day, he went outside and discovered a magical gemstone that took all Antica's powers and put them into him. He made a book with the gemstone. He was consumed by power which made him evil. He was defeated, but rumor has it that his book transformed back into the gemstone and it shattered into six pieces. It was said to be able to activate one's power when they were near it, but only people who are linked to it. Nobody knows the true story."
"Wow.," Holly said in awe.
"So you should probably go pack."
"Alright."
Holly wondered what sort of power she had. She skimmed through the packing list that had been sent with the letter. It was nothing interesting, just the usual camp supplies. She began to pack. And the next morning, she was headed off to Wyvernstone Station. And to a unusual summer.

Chapter 3
Sky was supposed to be watching her brothers. She was, well, sort of. She was watching TV while she was watching her brothers. So technically, she was watching her brothers. She couldn't wait for her mom to get home from the store so her mom could watch her three crazy brothers, and she could watch TV in peace. She was the only girl child in her family of five. Aaron was three, Jake was five, and Mason was 8. Sky was the oldest child in the Newman family. She was thirteen. She heard the garage door open."I'm home!!""Finally." Sky said sarcastically."Sky you have a letter." Her mom said, handing her a letter while struggling to hold all the grocery bags .Sky opened up the letter and read it.

To: Skylar Newman

Sky opened it up.

Dear Skylar,

We have selected you for the exclusive Camp Starlight! A camp for young people with magical powers! The bus will depart June 12th at 10:00 am at Wyvernstone station. We are excited to have you!

Sincerely, Oliver Myers

She stood without saying a word.

"What does it say?" Her mom asked.

"Says that I'm magical or something."

"Oh!" Her mom exclaimed. "You must have Antica's long lost magic!"

"Wait. Antica had magic."

"Yes."

Her mom began to tell her about Shadow and the gemstones and the book and the magic of Antica.

"Wow." Sky said awestruck.

"You should go pack so your father can drive you to Wyvernstone tomorrow morning."

"I will do that."

Sky packed her bags and her father drove her to Wyvernstone Station the next morning.

Wow! Thank you for the reads! This might be the best story I've written so far!

Please read and give feedback! You can see the cover and story info here!
Screenshot_2020-04-09 My Stories - Wattpad.png